Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Master of the Electron
15,679 Posts
Unless you have a very high compression piston (13-15) it is a waste of time/money... and the extreme octane may actually may give you less performance (slower flame front propogations speed).

With stock piston, plain old unleaded is just fine. Regardless, C-12 won't cause any damage. it just won't give you any significant bang for the buck.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Why do you want to spend $11 a gallon. I run C12 in mine with a 25/75 mix with 91 octane. The only reason I run it is do to running a bit over 12:1. I have my mix figured to be 96. C12 is 108 octane

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
No, you're just going to end up with some carbon deposits and sluggish throttle response. I assume you've got some lying around, and no even then I wouldn't burn it through the raptor.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Just use regular fuel, even if you can get the stuff for nothing, regular fuel will give better results, its not the fuel that makes the power, it's the engine..........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.