Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Raptor 700SE, 2005 Raptor 660R
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 Raptor 700R SE. At the moment it's stock, but I have a Yoshimura rs2 in the box and a GYTR intake coming shortly. I'm ordering the Dynojet power commander v in the next few weeks. I understand the pc5 will make the fuel/air much better after adding the exhaust and intake...but if I was to install the exhaust and the intake without the pc5 for now, would I have any issues? My primary concern is for my desert races, I need the quad to start up as soon as the flag is dropped. Would it affect the starting of my quad? And would it run poorly for the duration of a 80-100 mile race? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It would be running very lean, as they are already lean from the factory for emissions.
Right, but would it be so lean that it becomes a real issue with a dead start race? Or just be worthless during a 2 hour + race?

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Right, but would it be so lean that it becomes a real issue with a dead start race? Or just be worthless during a 2 hour + race?
Lean is hot, I wouldn't want to run a full exhaust and high flow intake hard for 2 hours straight with no tune.
Temperature, elavation, individual machine all make a difference as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lean is hot, I wouldn't want to run a full exhaust and high flow intake hard for 2 hours straight with no tune.
Temperature, elavation, individual machine all make a difference as well.
Yeahhh that's kind of my thought on it, lean being hot is no bueno for a desert race lol. I'm just eager! And it sucks trying to pass with a stock pipe, it's way too quiet. Thanks man

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yeahhh that's kind of my thought on it, lean being hot is no bueno for a desert race lol. I'm just eager! And it sucks trying to pass with a stock pipe, it's way too quiet. Thanks man
as stated they are lean stock but you might get away with removing the baffle for sound, it has more flow for the meantime and possibly leans it more but hey your machine your wallet, do a plug test and see what's what

1 - 6 of 6 Posts