hi all i have mistakenly bought a scorpion can and main straight pipe
which i later found out that required aftermarket headers
i payed £80 for the can/straight pipe

scorpion is asking for £165 for the headers and jet kit delivered
in total for a full system scorpion want £400 inc jets
so my question is

do i get the headers and jets from scorpion for £165

or sell my can/straight pipe and buy a brand new can for £105

please bear in mind i have never taken the carb off or tinkered with jets on my raptor im a little mechanical minded but dont want to dig myself a hole or the bike runs terrible as she is running beautiful at the moment

i will need to decide by tommorow one way or another

thanks

DRAGONFIRE

·
Master of the Electron
15,065 Posts
CHANGING jets is easy... selecting the RIGHT jets, needle and fuel screw settings is a bit tougher, but mainly a matter of test and re-tweak... we can help you find the right settings and walk you through the process.

That said, a full exhaust system is much better, flow wise, than just an opened up muffler. A full exhaust system along with airbox mods (and the proper jetting to match) will give your Rappy power that you wouldn't have imagined!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thanks for the quick reply quadmaniac

scorpion will be sending the headers and jets so ill have to trust them in their decision that the jets will be ok

i will bear what you said in mind
and I take that you would go with the full system option:D

i just had to check as i cant really afford to take it to the garage all the time to get little jobs done.

best regards

D

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Yeah, full system no question weather it be Scorpion or another, definitely go full.

Jetting you bike isn't hard, just takes time really. Once you do it one time, you'll have it down pretty well. Worth doing yourself in my opinion because the shops will charge a lot and might not get it right themselves. Also, give you experience with the carbs which can be invaluable later for trail fixes

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for your input guys i decided to keep the can/main pipe and get the headers and jets from scorpion cant see any major issues with the exhaust providing i get the proper headers.

ill install the exhaust when its all here and maybe well.... definetly give you a shout when doing the jets:p

keep up the good work helping out fellow atv,ers

DRAGONFIRE

1 - 5 of 5 Posts