·
Registered
1,732 Posts
No half

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Stock only uses seven full-size fibers and 1/2 fiber. When you do the upgrade you're going to use 8 full fibers so the 1/2 ID fiber that they have in the kit you don't have to use from what I understand

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,194 Posts
Stock only uses seven full-size fibers and 1/2 fiber. When you do the upgrade you're going to use 8 full fibers so the 1/2 ID fiber that they have in the kit you don't have to use from what I understand

Correct, you will have one fiber left over, either a 1/2 or a full. If you do the mod you'll have the 1/2, the big spring washers and the wire left over.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Are stiffer clutch springs required for this on a mild build, or are the oem springs ok? Say 60hp?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
11,194 Posts
Are stiffer clutch springs required for this on a mild build, or are the oem springs ok? Say 60hp?

I would always add stiffer springs, even on stock builds. Only $15-$20 unless bought in a kit. NOTE: don't buy a Tusk kit, get Driveline Performance, fibers, plates and springs for around $75.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Well, i can buy 1 oem fiber for $8. Then where can i get cheap springs? The ron woods ones are like $40 just for springs

·
11,194 Posts
Well, i can buy 1 oem fiber for $8. Then where can i get cheap springs? The ron woods ones are like $40 just for springs

Check ebay, anywhere from $10-$30+ shipped.

Reactions: 4stroker4life

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Check ebay, anywhere from $10-$30+ shipped.
I found some barnett springs on ebay that i considered, but they all seem to be pretty vague about how stiff they are. The only ones that claim to be stiffer are the tusk springs and they claim 10%

I know, its silly to be so cheap about it. Normally id just wait and buy a whole kit, Im just running out of funds and trying to be ready for our dune trip in april. Still gotta get better paddles too and they are going to cost me big $ for what i want.

·
11,194 Posts
I found some barnett springs on ebay that i considered, but they all seem to be pretty vague about how stiff they are. The only ones that claim to be stiffer are the tusk springs and they claim 10%

I know, its silly to be so cheap about it. Normally id just wait and buy a whole kit, Im just running out of funds and trying to be ready for our dune trip in april. Still gotta get better paddles too and they are going to cost me big $ for what i want.

Check EBC CSK37. $11, free shipping, 10% stronger. But, in theory, old springs have lost tension due to the heat developed in the motor and clutch. So a 10% increase is more like 15-20% more then old springs. OR, you could add washers under existing springs to increase tension.

Either option should hold 60HP.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts

Check out the driveline clutch kit. It was under 100 last year when I did mine.
What tires are you running? Booze and myself have about the same build as you and are still using Sandstars. They spin more since the engine work but we've been able to compensate pretty well with lower tire pressure. Also, if there's alot of rain out there that sand will be packed down somewhat, so you'll spin less.
Lastly, when ya going in April? I'm just curious, not that I'd burn a sick day, load up by myself in my truck and swing by. Again, just curious.

Reactions: 4stroker4life

·
Premium Member
2,608 Posts
Check EBC CSK37. $11, free shipping, 10% stronger. But, in theory, old springs have lost tension due to the heat developed in the motor and clutch. So a 10% increase is more like 15-20% more then old springs. OR, you could add washers under existing springs to increase tension.

I ran into an issue with ebc springs with my 450. They claim to be 10% stiffer than stock but we’re noticibly softer. The washer trick works in a pinch.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Check out the driveline clutch kit. It was under 100 last year when I did mine.
What tires are you running? Booze and myself have about the same build as you and are still using Sandstars. They spin more since the engine work but we've been able to compensate pretty well with lower tire pressure. Also, if there's alot of rain out there that sand will be packed down somewhat, so you'll spin less.
Lastly, when ya going in April? I'm just curious, not that I'd burn a sick day, load up by myself in my truck and swing by. Again, just curious.
Im wanting to get a pair of skat trak edges on 8" dwt blue labels. I priced them at about $400. The reality of me not being able to swing that for this trip is starting to set in though. you like the sandstars? What size are you running?

We are thinking the 18th-22nd. Nothing set in stone though. My friend got his KFX450R done (actually was on a dyno yesterday) so now its up to me to get my raptor back together. I will keep in touch if your interested, love to see ya there. That goes for all you other forum rats too! Im gonna resurrect the little sahara thread so as not to further off topic this sticky

Reactions: mattzila

·
Registered
2,051 Posts

I ran into an issue with ebc springs with my 450. They claim to be 10% stiffer than stock but we’re noticibly softer. The washer trick works in a pinch.
Thanks guys. Sounds like i'll be trying the washer trick for now, lol. My clutch basket is starting to get pretty grooved so i will probly save up for an aftermarket and do it right.

·
11,194 Posts
Im wanting to get a pair of skat trak edges on 8" dwt blue labels. I priced them at about $400. The reality of me not being able to swing that for this trip is starting to set in though. you like the sandstars? What size are you running?

We are thinking the 18th-22nd. Nothing set in stone though. My friend got his KFX450R done (actually was on a dyno yesterday) so now its up to me to get my raptor back together. I will keep in touch if your interested, love to see ya there. That goes for all you other forum rats too! Im gonna resurrect the little sahara thread so as not to further off topic this sticky

I might have some Sand Stars but I recommend the Skat's. I've got 4 pairs of Haulers and 1 pair of Edges mounted for sale. I think all are 20in. I'll have 21 or 22 in Edges later this summer. But shipping might be a killer. I could always fill them with helium, ha.

You can take a file and dress the grooves in your clutch basket. Just go far enough so you can see just a bit of the wear marks, that keeps it even.

Washers work good, be sure they're about the same thickness, and they fit the stems without binding.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts