Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I’m looking at getting extended a arms for my 09 700. My bushings are totally shot, and I’m sure the ball joints will need refreshed sometime soon. I already have an extended axle, so this is the logical next step

I was going to go with Alba, but they are currently out of stock. Also, my friend managed to bend them on his 700 after riding on a mx track

I don’t really jump, but I ride in coal hills a lot, very dusty conditions. I’m also planning a trip to silver lake, which I think may start to be a common occurrence

Does anyone have experience with full flight a arms? My only concern is that they use heim joints. I know they are good quality, but I’m concerned that the sand and coal dust that I ride in will trash them very quickly without any kind of dust boot like a normal ball joint has

Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
rod ends are as good or in some cases better than a ball joint. Just dont lube them or you will ruin them. Not all rod ends are the same. Dont skimp here for cheap ones or you will be replacing them. Stay away from injected ends or no teflon at all. Get the good ones.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That makes sense. Some other considerations..

Full flight legacy series: $400

Full flight legacy with Teflon joints & rubber dust covers: $490

Full flight Elite (come with regular ball joints top and bottom, & regular bushings on bottom arms: $600

Houser arms: $766

So I’m thinking I’ll have to spend at least $490 for decent arms. But then I might as well spend $600 for even better ones. But at that point, the housers are getting tempting. They are by far the best, no heim joints. But $766 is a huge price tag just for a arms

·
Registered
2020 Raptor 700
38 Posts
I am upgrading to Houser +2 a arms they seem like good quality. Currently have Alba +2 installed and they just seem cheap but there is nothing wrong with their a arms just not what I want. Houser said they will be shipping out a arms next week. If that’s the way you go here is a code for 10% off that I used for Houser.

Code: ononewheel7

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, a friend of mine had them on a kfx450r and they were great, I’m sure I’d like them. Just hard to justify that big of an expense just for a arms. The discount code is helpful though

Right now I’m between the housers or Lone Star arms. they’re around $600 and seem to be good quality

·
Premium Member
2,907 Posts
Full flight arms feel a bit too flexy to me. I know people who ran them without any problems. The Teflon heims develop a squeak after awhile.

I went with lonestar and really like them.
I like the castor adjustment shims and that the upper arm is boxed.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I think I’ve narrowed it down to lone star at this point, best bang for my buck. Unfortunately they will need built, so it won’t be for a little while

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ended up going with Lonestar +2 arms with stainless brake lines, gloss black. It was $688 with tax & shipping. Hopefully they don’t take too long to arrive

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am upgrading to Houser +2 a arms they seem like good quality. Currently have Alba +2 installed and they just seem cheap but there is nothing wrong with their a arms just not what I want. Houser said they will be shipping out a arms next week. If that’s the way you go here is a code for 10% off that I used for Houser.

Code: ononewheel7
Send me a Pm when you get those housers on and I will take those Alba’s if you are wanting to sell 😁

1 - 9 of 9 Posts