Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Sorry man, don't know what you asking, what do you mean?

Sent from my SM-A215U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
I have never seen full floating rotors for a Raptor 700, or any atv for that matter.
But I am in the U.S, where very few states allow you to legally street ride atvs, so there really isn't a street part market here.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you guys know If its possible to fit a 220mm rotor on stock caliper?

Enviado de meu Mi MIX 2S usando o Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Do you know what the stock rotor size is?
However much larger 220mm is vs stock diameter, the caliper will need moved out away from it's mounting point on the spindle, half of that amount.
Then, if moving the caliper that amount, causes interference with the wheel.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
So the caliper would have to move 10mm, which is not possible without offsetting it, as there would be no other way to move it in a straight line, as 10mm doesn't allow enough space for new mounting holes.
That then means the rotor needs offset to fit in the caliper.
Or, the spindle itself(with the caliper mount made on to it)would need some modification.
I'm not saying it cannot be done, but it will not just bolt on, there will be fabrication needed.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Also consider that a 10% increase in rotor diameter is going to do nothing noticeable for braking.
The buttons that make the rotor "float" do help smooth out braking, but will do little for the Raptor 700.
You would be better off with a ceramic embedded brake pad for shorter stopping distance, and stainless steel brake lines for improved lever feel.
If your rotors are warped, just replace them.
The only real upgrade from an aftermarket rotor would be material quality, from a reputable manufacturer, like EBC.
Their rotors should last longer in terms of mileage or useage before warping, vs cheaper made rotors.
Rotors that claim they cool faster based on shape or design are also not true, or too small of a difference to ever be noticed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I upgraded my lines for those steel braided...

What really bothers me is that execive drag caused by this stock rotor and calipers...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mine has drag like the road bike in the movie...

I'll do some tests and post the results here..

Btw, what pads have less breaking Power posso due several use qnd heat?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The raptor pads are the same of Honda nx4 Falcon, right?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts