Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Breathe my dust !
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my Houser racing "suspension" nerf bars for a while now so I decided to make a Long term review of them.

So first, look and quality:

First, I was impressed on how the nerf bars are well packed, that's a very good point.
Like all the Houser products, the nerf bars are quality parts, they're lightweight aluminium and powdercoating looks real nice.
Their shape is really different from the other brands and I like it.
The suspension effect with the rubber ball under the foot pegs is a real Plus, you can def feel the difference, so if I was going to buy nerfd for another quad, I'll be housers just for that.
The pegs are really wide to, and their design make them stay clean.

However, the nets are a little thin Imo, the Gytr nets were twice bigger.

Pros:
Look, suspension pegs, finish, quality.
Cons:
Thin nets.

I give them a 9/10 on this point.

Installation:

The nerfs bars goes on really easy, overall fitting imo is pretty good.
Like all the parts their some minor adjustment needed though, I had to make one hole slightly bigger as it didn't align with the other hole, but I believe that depends on quads.
The brake lever was also a little difficult to install.

I give them a 8/10 on installation.

And finally, how do they last ?

Overall, they last good, however, their some parts who needs attention.

First, the preload screw of the Pegs are likely to get loose, I lost one on the track. And if you lose that bolt, you're likely to loose the rubber ball, part that they don't sell yet so you'll want to check if you didn't loose your screw while your riding.

Then, the heelguards are nets which is a plus for me, but I you ride Mx, or do many jumps and especially if you do tricks, like heelclicks... you're likely to land on the land if you missed your trick. And that will tear up the nets' seams.

Finnaly, the powdercoating will not stay glossy very long if you ride in hard conditions. But that's normal, it's the same of the a-arms, just put some silicon shine on them and they're like new. It still looks better than non-powdercoated nerfs Imo.

I give them a 7/10 for lasting.

And last part care:

I put WD-40 on mines before each ride, it protects them.

So that makes a total of 8/10 for me.

For their price ($ 469 at Tqs), they're the best nerfs Imo, again the suspension pegs is a huge plus over the other nerfs plus you can choose from 2 different shapes: the MX and "Tree huger", XC shape.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I will agree with this entire review, as I have had the exact same experience with the Houser nerfs on my LTR450.

I didn't lose a pre-load bolt, only because I anticipated that one may be lost because of the short length. I purchased longer SS bolts at the specialty store, and used loctite.

Excellent review, thanks for sharing.

·
Speed's Best Friend
1,321 Posts
I was suprised to see the 700s arent the "Tree Hugger" design with the pivot indent. I think other Housers manufactured for different quads feature this. Im also glad to hear the suspension ball works and isint a gimmick. I wonder if they would be a benifit in GNCC style riding. Houser makes good shit. I currently run Pro Armor Fat pegs and heal guards, I love them. You can get so out of shape and always land on the pegs. With that being said, I would consider Houser if I had to by new nerfs. I already have a houser LT front end and stem, both have performed great. The new Houser rear grab bar is definately on my list. You just cant mess with common sense.

·
Breathe my dust !
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually you can choose the MX or tree huger design for the 700.
I choose the MX design because it's wider and because I do... mx :D

I think that you'll benefit from those nerf for Gncc, this nerfs with a precision racing shock & vibe clamps is an awesome combo.

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
tahitian- Give Houser a call, they do have balls available, I had them send me a couple extra sets, 3 buck a set if I recall.

R-mckeaveney- They changed the design of the bars, they did away with the point style due to the MX guys being concerened with getting stabbed with it in a crash, i have a pic of the new style, I put on my wifes bike, they do come in different widths still. They also changed the peg design, they are one piece, vs. the two piece with the rivets, and they changed the style of the pre load bolt.

·
*Woo Woo!*
621 Posts
I have them on my YFZ450R and the only complaint is the nets aswell. They actually fell apart within 2 rides. The heel nets start ripping apart quickly which kind of sucks since I just bought a new set of the nets for 45$ just recently.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
There's a member of YFZCentral that is going to be making custom colored nets for nerf bars. They're supposed to be stronger as well, by alot. I'm going to be sending him the nets from the REM nerfs on my yfzR, but perhaps someone can send their Houser nets to him to use as a template. They'll receive a discount or something on the new nets.

·
Breathe my dust !
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will agree with this entire review, as I have had the exact same experience with the Houser nerfs on my LTR450.

I didn't lose a pre-load bolt, only because I anticipated that one may be lost because of the short length. I purchased longer SS bolts at the specialty store, and used loctite.

Excellent review, thanks for sharing.
I've longer bolts now too, didn't locktite them though.

tahitian- Give Houser a call, they do have balls available, I had them send me a couple extra sets, 3 buck a set if I recall.

R-mckeaveney- They changed the design of the bars, they did away with the point style due to the MX guys being concerened with getting stabbed with it in a crash, i have a pic of the new style, I put on my wifes bike, they do come in different widths still. They also changed the peg design, they are one piece, vs. the two piece with the rivets, and they changed the style of the pre load bolt.
Acutally I sent an email to houser to get another preload bolt but they never answered, calling them from Tahiti will cost more than the bolts lol.

I have the new design ones, my pegs don't have the rivets, they're one piece.

There's a member of YFZCentral that is going to be making custom colored nets for nerf bars. They're supposed to be stronger as well, by alot. I'm going to be sending him the nets from the REM nerfs on my yfzR, but perhaps someone can send their Houser nets to him to use as a template. They'll receive a discount or something on the new nets.
I might be interrested, can't send my nets since I'm in Tahiti lol but might buy them if they're strong and cheap :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts