Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 02 raptor have had really good luck with i was at the dues and thought i got some bad gas it kept cutting out at full throttle and had like no power going up the dunes. got home drined the gas cleaned the carbs new plug and still didnt fix it? i tried cleaning out the parking brake senson and still nothing. tried running it with half choke and still didnt seem to affect it. it doesnt seem like a fuel problem bcits kinda sparactic it doesnt do it all the time but most of the time ? im lost i need help guys i cant figure it out

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
i have a 02 raptor have had really good luck with i was at the dues and thought i got some bad gas it kept cutting out at full throttle and had like no power going up the dunes. got home drined the gas cleaned the carbs new plug and still didnt fix it? i tried cleaning out the parking brake senson and still nothing. tried running it with half choke and still didnt seem to affect it. it doesnt seem like a fuel problem bcits kinda sparactic it doesnt do it all the time but most of the time ? im lost i need help guys i cant figure it out

Try unplugging the voltage regulator and see if the engine runs any better............

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
check the reverse sensor connection down by the shifter...i had this come loose in a race and F'd the whole race up for me anything over half throttle and the vibration broke the connection and would make the cdi think it was in reverse and tell it to hit the limiter...during a race it was almost as if it went lean and it wasnt until i got to the pits and rev'd the hell out of it that i was able to notice my reverse light flash...had the light been burned out i wouldnt have noticed it and probably would not have fixed it so quickly also spary some carb n choke on it to degrease it...somtimes chain grease will get in there and attract dirt and break the connection...if you do think it is loose simply take a pair of pliers and give it a little squeeze then push it back on and you should be good to go

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so i tried unpluging the voltage regulator and i cleaned up the reverse sensor wire and it still runs like crap it seems to be worse when the motor is under a load like in loose dirt

·
Master of the Electron
14,824 Posts
How long did it sit unused during the off season?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this problem started while riding at the dunes last july............... common guys im desperte im out of things to try

·
Registered
3 Posts
For real guys I have the same exact problem I have tried everything could it have anything to do with the baby blue wire I did that and shortly after that this started happening but from what I red it only effects 5th gear and I'm 99% sure I did it the right way. I've ran out of ideas

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone figured anything out on how to properly fix this rev limiter i’ve done everything in the books and my brothers 05 raptor 350 that we’re working on just has a rev limiter in every gear even neutral

·
Master of the Electron
14,824 Posts
What, EXACTLY, have you done - in detail?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts