Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I am pretty new to the raptor 700. Just had a quick question. When you are at the dunes is it bad to leave it at full throttle for very long? I was there today and I was full thottle goin down the beach goin as fast as it would go. Just wondering if that was not a good thing for it to be maxed out for very long. Thanks for the help and I have been reading here for a while and found the answers to all of my questions. Great place!!

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I would think there is NO problem with that!! :thumbsup: When you drag race you do the same thing :grin_nod: :grin_nod:

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
were you at pismo? going full throttle on the beach? if so the only problem i'd say is the fucking cops, i got pulled over on a honda 50 mini bike topped out at 33 i think he said!!!..

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the quick responses! Yah I just wasnt sure if holding it WOT for a very long time would mess the motor up but sounds like it doesnt! No I live in portland, OR so i went to sand lake for the day.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
cool, , also, don't they set a limit on the beach there, or are they pretty relaxed about it?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
bradw3 said:
Thanks for the quick responses! Yah I just wasnt sure if holding it WOT for a very long time would mess the motor up but sounds like it doesnt! No I live in portland, OR so i went to sand lake for the day.
How were things at Sand Lake? I will be there this weekend! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
also,do you have your speed limiter unplugged? and have you checked your throttle limiter screw to make sure your getting 100%?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sand lake was awsome. Not real experienced with the dunes so I couldnt tell you too much besides the sand was wet. Yeah I think i am going to go again over the weekend. I had a ton of fun! As far as the speed limiter I havnt touched it...dont know where to unplug it and if I can hurt anything if I do...suggestions??? And I have checked the limiter screw and it is all the way out so i am gettin 100%.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
bradw3 said:
Sand lake was awsome. Not real experienced with the dunes so I couldnt tell you too much besides the sand was wet. Yeah I think i am going to go again over the weekend. I had a ton of fun! As far as the speed limiter I havnt touched it...dont know where to unplug it and if I can hurt anything if I do...suggestions??? And I have checked the limiter screw and it is all the way out so i am gettin 100%.
I have never checked the limiter screw, where is it?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
size12 said:
On the throttle housing, look At the bike from the grill side and you will see it sticking out :thumbsup:
Woop, I have a twist throttle. Maybe that is why I have never noticed it! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
965 Posts
bradw3 said:
As far as the speed limiter I havnt touched it...dont know where to unplug it and if I can hurt anything if I do...suggestions???
Nope...wont hurt anything.  Your check engine light might come on after 8 hours of riding or so...although some people have never had it come on after 30-40 hours of being unplugged.  If it does come on, just plug it back in and ride for a few feet, then unplugg again and you're good to go until (or if) it comes on again. The connector is on the left side of the engine:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the picture. I'll have to try that. So now after this speed sensor is unplugged its not going to hurt it by leaving it WOT for very long is it? What is yamaha's purpose for the sensor? Bike cant handle it or safety issue?? Thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
If your bike is stock I wouldn't mess with the speed sensor. It will not make much difference to your top end. :3question:Not sure why Yamaha put it on there. Probably to try and stop us from killing yourselves.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.