Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interested to hear from those of you with 07 700 SE's as to when the fuel warning light comes on. Mine shows it's face with what seems to be over 1/2 a tank of fuel so I take it it's f%*ed

·
Registered
137 Posts
Havent had mine come one yet. I imagine it would take around 5 hours of continous riding to get it that low.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Mine comes on pretty low in the tank, the sensor must be at the back of the tank because it comes on with steep downhills anything below half a tank.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Diddly said:
Mine comes on pretty low in the tank, the sensor must be at the back of the tank because it comes on with steep downhills anything below half a tank.
I don't have enough saddle time on my Rap yet, but I did notice it seemed to come on early. This was during some hills as well. Once on open prairie, the light went out again, but I just meandered back to the truck for more gas, just in case. She did seem kinda thisty at that point.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I rode my 07 for the second time yesterday. Fuel light came on a little above half a tank. I shut the quad off and turn it back and it goes away. However when doing any kind of jumps or steep trails it comes back on. Kind of annoying when I know I still have about 2 hours of riding time left :3question:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I have ridden for 4+ hours hard on some rides and still havent seen the light come on.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I usually get about 6 hours in before the light stays on.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I had a GPS on the bike when my fuel light came on with 60 miles, I went another 15 miles back to camp. This was all mountain trail riding. Don't recall how many hours.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Machy said:
so do you think our raptors get better gas mileage than the little mini bike in dumb&dumber :lol:
:haha: I think it would be close :grin_nod: I'm sure they wished they would have kept the van :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Myownraptor700 said:
same with the engine light that comes on when u start it whys that
Even a car does that, all the gauges turn on when you first turn the bike on so you can see and make sure they are all working and one isnt burnt out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
forcefed said:
Interested to hear from those of you with 07 700 SE's as to when the fuel warning light comes on. Mine shows it's face with what seems to be over 1/2 a tank of fuel so I take it it's f%*ed
I have 2 700R's and the first light came on after about 5-6 hours and I put 2 gallons of fuel in. I'd easily say there was another 2 hours.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
mine comes on when goin down steep hills,will reset one keyed off/on. but it is kinda annoying to see it when you only rode for and hour or so on a full tank..........

·
Registered
779 Posts
loose nutz said:
mine comes on when goin down steep hills,will reset one keyed off/on. but it is kinda annoying to see it when you only rode for and hour or so on a full tank..........
This seems to be exactly what mine's doing. Shit, can't believe that this is so common. What a pain in the arse. I'm almost rather have the old snowmobile style level indicator that was on the gas cap...the one that had the needle that spun around like a top lol. Guess this is just how this unit works, er, doesn't work.

MK

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Mine will flash on for 20 sec. or so occasionally, seems to be fuel level about where you would switch to res. on other quads before it stays on though. It has never stayed on steady unless it reaches that "reserve" level. Are you riding down hill when it comes on? I'm thinking it must be a timed light so it doesn't come on every time the fuel sloshes forward, how much time though...? :unsure:

·
Registered
779 Posts
SandDragon said:
Mine will flash on for 20 sec. or so occasionally, seems to be fuel level about where you would switch to res. on other quads before it stays on though. It has never stayed on steady unless it reaches that "reserve" level. Are you riding down hill when it comes on? I'm thinking it must be a timed light so it doesn't come on every time the fuel sloshes forward, how much time though...? :unsure:
Yesterday I was riding alot of up and down type trails, first time on the quad. This is also the first time the light has come on, even though tank was full. All other times I've been riding have been on flat surfaces. Light never came on then.

·
Registered
824 Posts
ive had mine come on a few times, but never when it was full or alot of gas in it, it does seem to take alot of gas though when it comes on, but wish i new how much more riding time i have so i know when to head back and fill up

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.