Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so i have a G-Force adjustable/extended axle on my 01 660 (it came like that, and when i saw the sticker on the axle i thouht it was just a sticker). the axle hub nut is stripped..= zero threads on the inside. idk how that happened, but it is what it is. i know rocky mountain sells the whole thing. i only need the nut. my question is, is it a standard nut? metric? same as stock 660 axle? can i just go to a hardware store, or even autozone with my other good one and get a nut that has the same thread pitch and size? does anyone know off-hand what the thread pitch, and size and count is? i know for a fact that the ones on all my hondas are about half the size of this one.
the threads on the axle itself are perfectly fine, which is surprising because its always been the oposite with my Fourtrax..

thanks in advance,
Hunter

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
negative... although thanks to this site, and this site only, i now know how to remove those... baha... i need the nut that goes on the end and holds the hubs on to the axle. i could only find 1 person on ebay that is selling them, and they are used. after seeing how quick i can ruin one, just by riding it, i want new. i am by no means sayin the axle or its components aren't good, i love everything about it, i am just somewhat hard on it.

thanks for the quick response tho..

edit: he no longer lists the item on ebay, yesterday it was there, gone today. i was gonna post it an show ya'll a pic but i cant even do that now. ill go to the shop after im done at skewl tomorrow and take some pictures.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sry to bump an old thread, but i am doing so in order to maybe help out someone else. the part number for the castle nuts on the HUBs of a G-Force axle is: 1093110001 and can be ordered by calling rockymountainatv... the price is $3.99 each. they also told me that a castle nut from a stock raptor axle wont fit, is this true??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts