Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bent my stock axle, and purchased a Gforce axle. I went to install it this afternoon and everything fits fine except for the rear brake hub. It is not wide enought to slide down to the carrier. All the stock original parts are supposed to work fine. The hub isnt large enough, and it narrows out towards the outside. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a certain hub i can buy to fix this problem.

I have the axle in correctly.
Checked numbers it is for a 660

·
Registered
298 Posts
Can you post a pic of your problem?...My Geforce went together perfectly using all the stock parts from my 660R.

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
Check to make sure your axle is centered too. Not sure if anyone else has this problem but mine is shifted to the right .5".

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got it on had to sand blast it. Years of dirt built up inside of the hub but its on tight now. I dont know how i feel about the g-force axle so far i like it but i dont like the C clips would rather have old style lock nuts.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
I have never had a problem with mine as long as you make sure you put the c clip on the correct side.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yes the c-clips are a pain when you go to change the bearings are something they will shoot off like bullets. lol But yes the hub is a tight fit i had to clean mine and put some grease on it. Im loveing the g-force axle its been a good one. Hope you enjoy yours as well!

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Check to make sure your axle is centered too. Not sure if anyone else has this problem but mine is shifted to the right .5".
Did you put in the spacer? The axle fits a blaster and banshee as well. The axle has to be off set for a banshee and you have to install a spacer with the raptor.

It goes between the circ clip retainer and the sprocket hub.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I didnt install a spacer with mine. Are you sure you need it for the raptor? My instructions said it was for the banshee.

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
Did you put in the spacer? The axle fits a blaster and banshee as well. The axle has to be off set for a banshee and you have to install a spacer with the raptor.

It goes between the circ clip retainer and the sprocket hub.
no sir the spacer is laying with my pile of 4 wheeler recipts. i thought the spacer was only for banshees?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts