Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my son's Christmas presents was a pair of the G-Force extended rear wheel hubs. We installed them Monday night before our ride Tuesday morning. We went for a 30 - 40 ride from Lake Pleasent to almost Wickenburg. This ride consists mainly of graded dirt roads, somewhat graded washes and we just happen to find a few jumps along the way.

At first impression I am very happy with the purchase and performance of these extended rear wheel hubs. Now I wouldn't go doing any freestyle riding or big jumps with them, but for the average weekend warrior its a great alternative to buying a racing axle for $200 - $400. They increased the overall width by almost 4" (like the G-Force rear axle) but for the cost of only $ 80.00.

Here are few before and after pictures:

-JOHNNY

·
Registered
833 Posts
they look great. the extra wide stance sure is nice. i had to put on a new axle because i bent mine a little so i when with the g force axle. it is rocky mountain atv house brand and it is pretty good stuff.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I have GeForce spacers, but not the hub type like that. Those are cool. I've run mine for about two years now. I've done some jumping and so far have had good luck. But I don't catch a lot of air like some of these crazy guys do. GeForce is definitely a good cheaper alternative to an Extended rear axle if you do a lot of trail riding and light jumping.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Where can i buy these Hubs. I tried the dealer in montclair and he never heard of them. Maybe it's just him. I did not get a warm fuzzy feeling talking with him.

Don

·
Registered
1,393 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
all extenders like that, that isnt a axle has a greater tendacy to break, i jump mine, but its not like huge jumps, i have yet to see anything wrong with mine though, i have jump a good bit with them. the geforce ones probably wouldnt be so bad since its made out of a metal, mines made out of polyurathane, but pick and choose. :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
Spacers, especially the bolt-on kind, add more bolts and connections which means more places they can fail.

Spacers of all kinds, including the hubs, put more pressure on the stock axle because of the extended length and leverage. The stock axle isn't junk, but it's not as stong as any of the aftermarkets.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I think I am going with these hubs for now. I look at this way. I do due minor jumps. The cost factor plays in here. I will spend 80.00 for the pair. Perhaps get a year or more riding out of them. If they fail a year from now I will be most likley in a better position to purchase the full axle. I have been in an upgrade phase for the last month and my wife is starting to catch on to the amount of cash going out. However (she says), as long as I'm not out bar hoping and playing with strip dancers or drinking in my garage till 5am (which was my history) I can feel free to work on my bike :grin_nod:.TMI, I know. But if I can get relatively the same results for 80.00 rather than 450.00 and keep my bottle of Wife Away handy, I'm all in. :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
fast rap said:
Flynbyu said:
G-Force Axle (adjustable to + 2 or + 4) = $199.99

Wrench to put it on = $15

~Brian
\
\

but how good are the G-FORCE axle's compared to other brand's out there

that sell them for like $350+
The G-force axle is strong, I'd say at least stronger than a durablue heavy duty axle. The big drawback is that the g-force is also heavy.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Has anyone heard or used front wheel spacers? I think g-force makes those as well.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Do you like em brian? or do you wish you would have went with say a +2 arm?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.