Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The g-force locknut won't tighten completely up on two different Raptor's....you can turn it by hand and you feel it snug up, but if you keep turning it just loosens a little then snugs up, etc. etc. etc. It doesn't have a "set screw" like stock locknut....it has and allen head bolt that runs perpendicular to the axle in the lock nut. My main concern was the fact that it doesn't tighten to a positive stop.....didn't know if it was normal on these g-force axles............thanks

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
i just ran into this problem with my stock nuts and my dominator 2.....i would tighten them up by hand and then put a wrench on them and they'd tighten a few more threads then slip back a couple....then again and again....when i took the nuts off i found what looked like wire wrapped in the thread on the axle so i guess my nuts were stripped...so you might wanna make sure all your threads are good or possibly tighten your lock screw on your nut down so the axle nut will grab your axle threads tighter....yeah thats sounds like a good idea try that

·
Registered
373 Posts
your not suppose to tighten it to tight u can ruin your bearings,

what u want to do it is tighten it till it's snug and than lock the nut in place
u don't want it to tight.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got a 05 660 raptor with a g force axle and a tusk nut does matter if its torqued lock tighted or what it will not stay tight.also does anyone no where i can get another nut for my g force axle.i find tusk nuts on ebay but they say 700 raptor or yfz 450 not 660.id like to buy new nut threaded piece and new c clip.if someone knows where i can get this or has a better nut that works let me know thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.