Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm referring to the NGK DPR8EIX-9 in this thread.

Anyways, I've been doing some searching, and one person recommended adding .010 to the gap and pointing the plug at the exhaust valve. Can someone elaborate on this a little?

So you're using washers to space the plug so that when it's tightened, the open end of the electrode is pointed towards the exhaust valve?

And if the OE gap of the DPR8EIX-9 is .035, does that mean I should gap it at .045???

:eek: :crazy:

·
Registered
364 Posts
waste of money dude.....a standard NGK with recommended gap is all you need on the rappy.

·
Registered
176 Posts
yeah...dont waste your time or money on trying to unshroud your valves...on something that doesnt make a ton of hp and isnt force fed...no point in plug indexing. Stick with stock gap and put the plug in like normal. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I had this explained to me when I built a 350 for my truck. I was basicaly told to nevermind about the indexing. If you want better performance to go with a copper plug, the iridum and platinum last longer but don't give the performance of a copper plug. This is just secondhand info tho

·
Registered
120 Posts
My friend and I both had positive experiences switching to the Iridium, and they last longer. Don't expect any huge gains, I just think it revs smoother. And be careful if you gap it, they are very fragile.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts