Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in replacing my stock 2016 700r gas cap with one that has a short breather hose and vent cap. Accordingly, I would like people opinions on which ones they consider to be the best. Aesthetically, I'm most interested in ones that are either all or mostly black to match the plastic covering my tank. Also, the more unique or rare the cap and breather hose are the better. Thanks!

·
Registered
445 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
No breather hose tho sorry

·
Super Moderator
7,877 Posts
No breather hose tho sorry
just duct tape a straw to it, lol.

Mopappy - I have run the Alba brand gas cap with short breather hose for several years, no issue.

·
Super Moderator
7,877 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,877 Posts
Tons out there, mod quad has a different design, I believe Tusk has an all black one.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I'm not amused
I'm extremely amused.

Furthermore it's a fuel cap. Not an engine rebuild. Find one you like and buy it. Not that big of a deal.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,825 Posts
The factory cap is plastic and lighter then any aluminum cap. Why would you pay to add unneeded weight to your bike? Next you'll be asking why is the bike tippy and top heavy. Unless it's a trailer queen, then we can really spend your money to dress it up.

·
10,825 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Haha sorry Dez you’re probably right. And sorry Mopappy I am just pushing your buttons!!
I just bought the ultra Chinese unbranded eBay cap. It’s anodized red and I like it. Eh.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
It's a fuel cap. Not a gearing question. Not asking about a cam. Not asking about changing the clutch. Not asking about splitting the cases. It's a fuel cap.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
You guys are doing a good job of chasing the OP away!!
We werent even being mean this time! Lol. Just some general silliness...

Ok, ok, i use a TUSK cap that came on a dirtbike i rebuilt and sold

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
445 Posts
Here’s one that came on a Raptor I purchased today. Never seen these before but it looks like it’s what you were asking for!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I’ve tried the Alba and it tends to spew some gas when it’s filled up all the way in Glamis. Kinda annoying but not that bad. I guess it’s the valve but could be the threads as well, not sure

·
Registered
695 Posts
Those stubby vent tubes always spewed fuel on me when trail riding. I went back to the stock cap and the long vent tube that feeds down the steering tubes. no more mess.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Yeah mine def spews fuel if I fill it up too much and let it idle. Vibrates right out!

·
10,825 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts