Raptor Forum banner

Gas getting into oil

1K views 15 replies 3 participants last post by  Raptor1994 
#1 ·
This is my first post so bear with me. My problem is that my 2005 raptor is getting gas into its oil. I bought the quad 100% stock except for a yoshi slip on exhaust. I have added a k and n air filter and have rejetted with a dynojet kit. The quad ran great, until I noticed an oil leak by the sproket. I replaced the seal behind it and all was good until my oil suddenly got full. I changed oil and cleaned out carbs thinking dirt may be causing them to leak. Now my oil is full of gas again. So what is wrong? I always shut off the petcock. I am stumped. Please help!

#7 ·
Well I had that thought too but since coolant is polar (like water) then it wont mix well with a nonpolar substance like gas. Everytime I remove the dipstick it looks like regular oil with the exception that it drips off really fast. I will look into the coolant, but I just dont know if thats what it is.

#9 ·
Could be the petcock, but I don't think it is the needle and seat because I just had the carb apart. they looked fine and everything was clean and functioning when i put the carbs in a while ago. So maybe I should test the petcock. Otherwise could it be bad piston rings leaking? It really never did this before i messed with rejetting. So maybe its the carbs or running too rich although I don't think its running too rich. I have thought of a lot of reasons but the only one I think it could be are the petcock and rings. Should I take it to a dealer and have them screw with it?

#11 ·
pull the fuel line off of the carbs with the petcock turned off and see if gs comes out. does the bike smoke when its running? if it was the rings you be burning oil not putting unburnt fuel into the bottom end. you can pull the spark plug and see if its black but it would run like a bag of shit if it ws running too rich....nd it would blow black smoke

#15 ·
if the petcock doesn't leak when its turned to off, you could turn it off when the bike is still running and let it run until it dies this will drain all of the fuel out of the carb so the fuel sitting in the carb can't run to the bottom end ;) this will help until you can get the carb fixed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.