Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2008 SMX Series Champion HO
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the 07 700 SE.....my gas warning light won't turn off...and yes it is full, I even ran it empty and filled her up again and it's still on. I just had the bike on a jackstand to take off the a-arms for painting and bleed my brakes, I took it down and started it and that's the time it stayed on, and it was full at the time too. I know warranty will cover it as the dealer says but I don't wanna part w/ my bike for a day or 2 :'( :( Anyone else had this problem ? How to fix yourself ? :help:

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Try the battery thing. Should be covered by warranty I'd think. Also should be a quick reset for dealership, just a thought.

·
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's covered under warranty....but these guys are known for keeping your quad forever over little stuff and always ride the shit out of it and I don't trust them w/ my baby, they also have left mine sitting outside in the rain and weather w/ the key in it. My friend blew up his yfz450's motor and they replaced it all, but they've kept it for 3 weeks now after it's been fixed and they ride the piss out of it during the day, he went to get it today and they claim the battery is bad and they need one more week w/ it. I'll go outside and try the battery disconnect now....I'll let yall know.

·
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Didn't shut off...disconnected the positive only....nothing....disconected + and - and still didn't shut off. But I'm hearing a relay click real loud under the seat....never heard it before....anyone elses do this ? I'm sure it's nothing but I've just never heard it before. Dealer says it's a stuck Fuel Guage and the Guage is in the rear part of the tank....I'm curious as to how they would solve this problem.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Unfortunately I think you might be SOL. For it to be "warranty" work, the Dealership has to perform the work.... Myself, after hearing how they do things, I'd try to fix it at home. But if you go that route the bill is on you :( . Best bet is to try and find the part somewhere (maybe e-bay, doubtful), But if you can't find it, then I dunno. Might have to replace whole tank? :unsure: How would you get inside? :confused: GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
In the 700 discussion board there are a couple of links on the where to buy OEM parts thread. :grin_nod:

·
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not payin anything out of my pocket...if it comes down to it the dealer will do the work for me but I will lay down some guidlines for them not to ride my quad....i should just take my chain off to piss them off.... :lol:

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Now you're talking, Best Idea Ever :grin_nod:

·
Registered
243 Posts
devildog_0431 said:
I'm not payin anything out of my pocket...if it comes down to it the dealer will do the work for me but I will lay down some guidlines for them not to ride my quad....i should just take my chain off to piss them off.... :lol:
lmao thats awesome

·
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay....today i was foolin around w/ it in the garage and i turned it on to move it and the light went off.....yay.....i started turnin the key on and off and it would come off, go off, come off and so so. The tank was extremely low and almost empty from ridin it all day.....so if the light goes off when the tank is empty somethin is definately up. I talked to the service guy today and he told me he won't ride it if i bring it in and he'll even ajust my fuel curve for me.

·
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OUTSTANDING....the light went off today on it's own, weird, stayed off all day...I bet it'll come back on just to play games w/ me :3question:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts