Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got an 08 700 for free. The previous owner cracked the crankcase. I'm looking for recommendations for the best top and bottom gasket set.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
OEM/Factory for the top end.
OEM or Cometic for the clutch cover(so it seals well around the check valve for the oil)
Most any other brand for the bottom end, from somewhere reputable like MotoSport or Partzilla, and use Yamabond or equivalent on the case halves.

·
Registered
2020 Raptor 700
19 Posts
OEM/Factory for the top end.
OEM or Cometic for the clutch cover(so it seals well around the check valve for the oil)
Most any other brand for the bottom end, from somewhere reputable like MotoSport or Partzilla, and use Yamabond or equivalent on the case halves.
Any idea what the part number is for the Cometic clutch cover gasket for a 2015+ and where to get them?

·
Super Moderator
8,631 Posts
My suggestion for the clutch cover gasket is to reach out to Daniel at Cuervo racing and get the re-useable gasket. Then when you do the clutch again you can reuse the gasket.

·
Super Moderator
8,631 Posts
That's the Cometic
You've been drinkin again, haven't ya
lol
Lol, no drinking that time. I honestly didn’t know it was the Cometic gasket. I just remembered having issues with my OEM sealing right and then getting the one from Daniel and really liked it. Zero issues with sealing correctly.

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Lol, no drinking that time. I honestly didn’t know it was the Cometic gasket. I just remembered having issues with my OEM sealing right and then getting the one from Daniel and really liked it. Zero issues with sealing correctly.
Is it the 3 layered metal gasket that you have?
As that is what the Cometic is, but Cuervo may have another.

·
Super Moderator
8,631 Posts
I don’t recall it being like that. It was kind of a rubbery one I thought. That was a few years ago though, mind does slip like a burnt clutch in that amount of time now, so don’t hold me to it.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I don’t recall it being like that. It was kind of a rubbery one I thought. That was a few years ago though, mind does slip like a burnt clutch in that amount of time now, so don’t hold me to it.
That's a different style then.
My bad, I accused you of drinking too early in the day, lol.
The Cometic is all metal and reuseable.
I'm going to buy one with 450 fiber plates in the near future.
I know the Cuervo video shows the oem gasket can not seat correctly sometimes, and push out at an oil port and cause low pressure.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
The 700 clutch cover Cometic gasket may not be multi-layered either, as I have not seen it in person, but it is metal, with whatever coating they may put on it.

·
Super Moderator
8,631 Posts
Then it could have been Cometic. Thinking harder about this, it was metal with rubber coating on it. Either way, it was a win.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts