Raptor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right about a month ago i put a new clutch in my 660 when i had the cover off i moved it about my shed a couple of times and when i put it together it wouldnt select gears very well, when it was sitting in neutral you could hear it every now and again trying to jump into gear and third was non existant, now its been sitting at a garage for the past three weeks and they havent had time to work with it, what i want to know is it a hard job to reset the gear linkage and is there anything i should i look out for when doing it ?? my mechanical skills are limited i managed to get the clutch wrong but got it on the second attempt :rolleyes:

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
right about a month ago i put a new clutch in my 660 when i had the cover off i moved it about my shed a couple of times and when i put it together it wouldnt select gears very well, when it was sitting in neutral you could hear it every now and again trying to jump into gear and third was non existant, now its been sitting at a garage for the past three weeks and they havent had time to work with it, what i want to know is it a hard job to reset the gear linkage and is there anything i should i look out for when doing it ?? my mechanical skills are limited i managed to get the clutch wrong but got it on the second attempt :rolleyes:
You will have to remove the clutch cover again and check the ratchet shifter mechanism.............

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Ewwwww, the ratchet shifter is a bugger..It took me a min or 2 the 1st time I did it. Now I could assemble it in my sleep.
Good luck to ya..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts