Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I am a new guy around here and have a few stupid gearing questions for you. First my bike is an 06 Raptor with a Yosh RS-7 full system, a Yosh EMS PIM fuel controller and a CFM aluminum airbox with a K&N filter. My question is why everyone is going to the 15T primary sprocket? I know that since I did the 3 mods my bike is a completely different machine now and the 15T is only about 20 bucks so that is clearly not an issue but how much of a difference will this make? I dune mostly at Glamis and I wonder if this is something I should look into. Thanks in advance fellow Raptor bro's.......

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
WELL BOB, lol everybody is going to the 15t gearing in the front because with the upgrade we have it help with first and second gear. It some what eliminates wheel spin and increase top end a little. See with stock gearing 14t, wheel spin is a bitch and makes first pretty much useless because all you do is spin and shift with seconds. So with the 15t you can stay in first a little longer and will help out with those hill climbs and tight corners. heres a tip for ya though, when racing launch in 2nd. launching in second will help with keeping the front end down. if you have any other questions do a search bro and there are 100's of response to the same question. enjoy your rappy and welcome to the forum. now all you have to do is become a VIP. LMAO later bro WOODY

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Woody!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Gearing all depends on how you ride. If you are stictly a drag racer, then the 15t will be great for those top speeds and flat and smooth surfaces. Unfortunately you lose a lot of torque with longer gear ratios. If you ride the glamis dunes like i do (hill climbs, the dunes themselves, quick tight turns) you will probably like lower gearing, especially because sand robbs you of torque and hp. I changed my stock gearing from 14/38 to 13/40 and i absolutely love it. 1st gear is useless but so what. I can now pull hard though 4th and into 5th up hills. You will feel an unbelievable amount of torque. All of my fellow duners have dropped their gearing and all love it. You have 5 gears, you might as well use all of them because i dont know about you but with my stock set up, once i got out of 3th, there was no power to be salvaged unless you are on pavement or down hill.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.