Raptor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
YOU WISH
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys/gals I don't NEED to know this but I am curious about gearing on the rear and front end...

Does anyone know of any custom hubs for the 700 that will hold smaller sprockets on the rear?

Also I know someone was running a 16 on the front... Where can you get those/how do they work?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Not sure about "custom" applications, but you can pick up a replacement sprocket hub from companies like RPM and LSR with a honda bolt pattern which should fit down to a 36 tooth rear.

·
YOU WISH
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I know I can fit a 36 as it is... :confused:
I think the old lt230e was made so that you could run a REALLY small sprocket on the rear.. I wouldn't want to do that but I would like to know if there is anyone doing it.

·
YOU WISH
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How fast are you trying to go???
....I'm not... it's just that a friend and I were talking and he thinks if you put on a 30 tooth rear sprocket that the raptor will go 200MPH (Not really) But he does seem to think that it would HAUL A$$... I disagree... I feel it will benefit you in no way what so ever. and only cause the motor to lug. (Unless it's got an INSANE build)

Point of this thread is to seek out a person who has a BUILT motor that is running something past 15/36/23. I myself am just looking for info and experience... IM NOT TRYING IT.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Some suzukis do go down to 34.

At some point you may need more power to turn more rpms.

Just read your latest post...didn't realize this was a waste of my time. I don't even know what question you're actually looking to answer. Go find a gearing calculator (sticky) and play with the numbers.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
:lol: ok Let him spend his money on that then you will still beat him. I Think it would take a BIG build.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts