Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this 660 from my buddies older brother. He got it from the original owner who built it for hare scrambles. My buddies brother can't remember what's all in it but it's got
a dura blue suspension all around,
aftermarket swing arm and a arms unknown make (dura blue as well?),
K&N cold air
Hot Cam (unknown stage)
Bored (unknown size)
Unknown aftermarket piston and arm
Fmf pipe and white bros cannon
Aftermarket valves and springs
Peps steering stabilizer
Alarm and remote start (not really performance but pretty badass. How many people you know with them on their four wheeler)
Gytr nerf bars and heel guards
Rethnal handlebars

Tommarow I'm going to get a pivot works carrier bearing kit, renthal 12/40 sprockets and a DID Pro X-ring 520 chain.
What's my next upgrade? I was thinking of a new carb or full dual barker exhaust. Any other ideas? Any cheaper ideas? Mind you this may have other work done to it that I haven't realized yet.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
You should probably find out exactly what is done internally to the motor, because this is going to determine what fuel you should run. You may or may not even be able to run pump gas on it depending on what is in there.

As far as getting a new carb, I fail to see what the point of that is, unless there is something catastrophically wrong with the one you have on your bike currently, or you are talking about getting FCRs. In any event, your first order of business should be to find out exactly what you have done before you go doing other stuff to it, IMO.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I run 101 in it. I ran it in my old one so I figure itll run this one. Any ideas how I can tell what I've got in it without ripping it to shit?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I got this 660 from my buddies older brother. He got it from the original owner who built it for hare scrambles. My buddies brother can't remember what's all in it but it's got
K&N cold air
Hot Cam (unknown stage)
Bored (unknown size)
Peps steering stabilizer
Alarm and remote start (not really performance but pretty badass. How many people you know with them on their four wheeler)
Rethnal handlebars

Tommarow I'm going to get a pivot works carrier bearing kit, renthal 12/40 sprockets and a DID Pro X-ring 520 chain.
What's my next upgrade? I was thinking of a new carb or full dual barker exhaust. Any other ideas? Any cheaper ideas? Mind you this may have other work done to it that I haven't realized yet.
If you upgrade carbs, go for a set of FCR 35mms...........

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
K&N cold air
Hot Cam (unknown stage)
Bored (unknown size)
Peps steering stabilizer
Rethnal handlebars

If you upgrade carbs, use FCR 35mms.........

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is there a real advantage in getting a hi performance cdi box?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How are durablue axles? Also how are peps steering stabilizers? They came on it. Are they ok, top o the line, junk?

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
How are durablue axles? Also how are peps steering stabilizers? They came on it. Are they ok, top o the line, junk?
They are not bad parts. If your buying new exhaust might look at monster duals they are in frame where the barkers go out of frame by your ankles. IMO I wold get monster unless you got a deal on some barkers.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do monsters make removable baffles like barker. I want loud as possible with the option of quiet for riding home at night. I also heard barkers are louder.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I'm figuring out more and more what's been done with this 660. It sounds like the guy who built it went with good parts but nothing insane. It's still one of the fastest quads in my area. I know of 2 current quads, a banshee and a suzuki that'll keep up with it and I know of 2 that are no longer around a banshee and another 660. I want to slowly replace parts with the top of the line. I need to change my carrier bearing so I'm also doing sprockets and chain.As of right now I'm going renthal sprockets (can't find gyrt sprockets) 12-40 a did pro x ring chain and pivot works bearings. Anyone have any ideas on better parts?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts