Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into buying a used raptor 350. My question is whether I need to worry about the different years. I've seen everywhere from 2005's to 2010's. The older ones are generally cheaper, but is there any reason to avoid any particular years? Are any years more powerful than others? I can't seem to find any obvious differences between the years. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
391 Posts
nope, everything has been the same. I believe the carb changed in 07 but I don't think it was an upgrade or anything. All years are safe and pretty reliable. Even the predecessor to the raptor 350, the Warriors ('87-'04), are really great quads.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope, everything has been the same. I believe the carb changed in 07 but I don't think it was an upgrade or anything. All years are safe and pretty reliable. Even the predecessor to the raptor 350, the Warriors ('87-'04), are really great quads.
Thank you. No wonder I couldn't find any differences. Is there anything you can recommend I look for in a used 350? A leak somewhere or commonly worn out part?

·
Registered
391 Posts
The 350s have been known to be pretty good. No major issues. Check for things like you would when buying anything. If it looks well taken care of, it probably is. Start it, ride it and get a feel for it. Ask the owner how often he rode it and how often he changed the oil etc.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Great quads, any year is a solid machine if it has been taken good care of, I am on my 3rd one now and like them now more than ever. All three of mine, never any issue, not even one, I have a good 3 years riding between the 3 of them. You can't go wrong, Most likely a good pilot jet cleaning on a used one, if the idle seems irregular when you get it, also check the valve clearences, oil and filter change and air filter cleaning and you have yourself an awesome atv.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts