Raptor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally after 2 months of my rappy sittin in the shed broken i'm dropping her off to a buddies house who works at a bike shop to get fixed. Something wrong with the clutch and my valves need adjusted along with drilling out some wholes in my case. Too much for me to do on my own. I had to get a clutch cover gasket, 2 valve cover o rings, 1 cam sproket cover o-ring, I think 16 bolts for the clutch cover, new clutch cable, 2 little rubber slip ons for the clutch and brake handle for comfort, oil and oil filter, a 25 pilot jet and 150,155 main jet == 65 $$ :). Not to bad. Then i went on Ebay (my best friend) and ordered a dg slip on $135 (my friend bought one for his 700r and it made a HUGE difference) a k&n filter with modquad install kit $45. Next will be some handgaurds, nerf bars, a new front bumper, tires, and maybe suspension if i feel like spending that kinda money instead of getting a 400 lol.

I was reading on here and i seen that somebody asked what jets to use for a slip on and an intake kit. They're answere was a 25 pilot and 142.5-147.5 main with the airbox lid on. OR a 150 main with the airbox lid off. Then i read somewhere else that 155 is a good number to go with when the lid is off with the listen mods. I wasnt going to take my lid off i was going to drill some holes.

Any suggestions before i buy pick the jets up?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
391 Posts
Those numbers sound good. 150 good to run with a slip on and lid off. If your running it on don't go too high...

·
Registered
62 Posts
dnt drill holes take your lid off and go with the 150 main. you will be very impressed with the results i run an EHS lid but i was running the lid off and its excellent and when i put the EHS lid on i didnt need to rejet..

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my only concern is that the filter didnt come with a pre filter so i dont want to have it so exposed like that. I probably will just buy a lid. Whats wrong with drilling holes? Will the 150 still work with 4 or 5 holes drilled?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Unless you run through mud and water not having a lid shouldn't be that bad. I do see why you wouldnt want it exposed though. I'm not sure how a 150 main would do with a few holes... If you get a slip on pipe it should be great, even with just the holes I can't see it being a problem.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will probably just cut out a rectangle and make my own lid out of some type of water resistant mesh. Or just get the aftermarket lid. We'll see. Luckily jets are cheap so if a 150 doesnt work it doesnt break the bank getting a different one.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I will probably just cut out a rectangle and make my own lid out of some type of water resistant mesh. Or just get the aftermarket lid. We'll see. Luckily jets are cheap so if a 150 doesnt work it doesnt break the bank getting a different one.
EHs make the kit so you can modify your own lid if u dont want to buy a already manufactured one

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good news last night. Went to the guys house last night thats working on it and its almost all put back together. He got the valves done and fixed the clutch. He said something wasnt on right. But my clutch feels GREAT now. My carrier bearings are shot which i knew. My bushing for my handlebars is shot. He thinks my center case's are leaking a tiny bit of oil but im not to concerned. Only thing he has left to do is drill the bolt out of my case and retapp it which i still have my fingers crossed about, and he stumbled across some wires to my ignition that were rubbed threw and he kept losing power. So he's messing with that and i should probably have it back around Christmas. Then my exhaust and intake should be in the mail :). slowly but surely.

·
Registered
62 Posts
thats good to hear

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just a little update and not exactly a happy one. I picked up my quad yesterday. Intake installed and exhaust with no baffle installed. I decided to ride it home from the guys house it was being worked on because its literally 2 miles down the road. I figured it wouldnt be tooo bad to run it easy that far. Well when i was half way home, i was in 4th gear about half throttle and i started ideling down and the bike started backfiring and bogged out on me?? Tried starting it and it just cranks. Its like its not getting enough fuel. I originally thought the exhaust and having no back pressure is the reason so I got it home and put my aftermarket DG exhaust on which came yesterday. Started it up and it ran OK. Sounded good =). Took it down the street once just to hear it and it died on me on the way back. (only a 100yds away). I'm guessing its starving for fuel. So im going to take the carb apart and rejet it with a 25 pilot and a 150 or 155 main and remove the lid and clean the SH*T out of the carb to make sure its not gumming up. I put a new petcock on it so i doubt it could be that. I rode it both on reserve and On. It would start with the choke all the way out but it was reving really high, soon as i would take the choke down some it would die. I'm assuming its not enough fuel.

What do you guys think. Help would be GREATLY appreciated.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Everyone seems to be saying 150 main, 25 pilot, and maybe moving the clip up a position for good measure. Let me know how everything works out cause i'm thinking of a DG exhaust on my 350 and wanna see some jetting possibilities.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Everyone seems to be saying 150 main, 25 pilot, and maybe moving the clip up a position for good measure. Let me know how everything works out cause i'm thinking of a DG exhaust on my 350 and wanna see some jetting possibilities.
My friend bought a DG pipe for his 2011 700r and it made a huge difference. It sounds great too. Thats what made me get mine and i actually love it. I didn't take the quiet core out yet to see what it would sound like. I'll do that once i get it jetted. Do you want a sound clip?

·
Registered
391 Posts
If you wanna put one up that would be great. I'm thinking of a DG only because I don't have much money to spend on it and I wanted some more power.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts