Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to let everyone know that I should have a turbo on my 700 by next weekend for FSW. I am getting a new 700 this weekend and Shandy turbos is going to do it. It won't be all dragged out yet, (swingarm and lightened up) but it should be pretty fast. Anyone is welcome to check it out if you see me there. I should be around 70hp with all stock motor internaly. I have met with Andy at Shandy Turbos and he seems to really knows what he is doing. Guess we will find out...

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Sounds sweet man, dont forget to show us some pics. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Would love to see some pics :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
331 Posts
thats gonna be sweet ! would love to see the H.P. results and how much everything costs.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
marty700r said:
Just wanted to let everyone know that I should have a turbo on my 700 by next weekend for FSW. I am getting a new 700 this weekend and Shandy turbos is going to do it. It won't be all dragged out yet, (swingarm and lightened up) but it should be pretty fast. Anyone is welcome to check it out if you see me there. I should be around 70hp with all stock motor internaly. I have met with Andy at Shandy Turbos and he seems to really knows what he is doing. Guess we will find out...

Marty, if my bikes done in time I'll be down there look me up, I'd love to check out your Turbo set up and meet you and do some riding :thumbsup:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Randy, I'll look for you for sure! I think I'll recognize your bike. :thumbsup: Ever since I sold my last 700 I have wanted another and I want it faster! My last one was very fast for a stock bore bike. I had 12:1, Venom Porting, and LTE's with your map! Lets hope this one is faster and still reliable! I'm not sure if I will be entering to race yet. I don't think I will stand a chance in the power adders class so I may just watch and dune, and grudge race of course.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Gofast, where do you live? Have we ever met? Are you getting your turbo done at shandy's? My bike should get there this weekend. Im also in Utah county

·
Registered
281 Posts
Not sure if we've met. I'm probably going to do my own install and use his dyno for the computer work. I've known Andy for a few years, so as soon as he heard I bought one, he actually contacted me. :lol: This has been my first 4-wheeler, so unless you go to the local drag strip very often, I can probably assume we haven't met.

Looking forward to seeing how your install goes.

Oh, I'm in North Orem btw.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I grew up in north Orem, Then lived in Provo for the last few years and just moved to Springville. My Family is still in North Orem. Good luck on the install! We will have to meet up sometime

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
marty700r said:
Hey Randy, I'll look for you for sure! I think I'll recognize your bike. :thumbsup: Ever since I sold my last 700 I have wanted another and I want it faster! My last one was very fast for a stock bore bike. I had 12:1, Venom Porting, and LTE's with your map! Lets hope this one is faster and still reliable! I'm not sure if I will be entering to race yet. I don't think I will stand a chance in the power adders class so I may just watch and dune, and grudge race of course.

Cool, I look forward to meeting you :thumbsup:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Marty 700R & GoFast68,

where is Shandy turbos? I'm in South SLC and am totally interested as well. Where are they located, phone etc? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Cool, thanks for the info. I'm anxious to hear how it turns out! Those turbo's arent cheap but the performance gains are insane. Quick question for someone more knowledgable than me...in terms of engine longevity (reliability, life span etc) which is less harmful, a nitrous set up or a turbo? I definately want to increase my performace but dont want to do anything that will cause me headaches (lots of maintenance or engine work). Also, what other factors play into a decision like this that I'm undoubtedly unaware of? I've done the big 3 already and had planned on using my tax return/bonus $$ to upgrade my machine. I was planning on having port & polish work done, installing a higher compression piston, and maybe upgrading to stage 2 web cam. If I do this and still want more performance (mostly for hill climbing) without doing a big bore kit, is nitrous a good option for me? I had avoided considering a big bore kit due to questionable durability & reliability...I am mistaken to not consider this option? Any thoughts or comments much appreciated.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I had a High comp piston and porting on my last 700 and it was very fast and reliable. In fact the only 700's that could be me were on nitrous or strokers from rocketfactory. I know I am taking a chance with the turbo because I have never seen one run, but someone has to. I have a turbo truck and a turbo car so I am kind of partial to them :grin_nod: If you are going to get porting and motor work I recomend KBR in West Valley. They did my last raptor and they know there stuff.

·
Registered
26 Posts
hey marty see you out there aswell at 4sw gonna test my turbo kit out aswell!! we'll hookup to race so far everything is good on mine and really reliable.good luck hope to see you guys out there!! ;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Turbo tun tun, Sounds like you have a pretty nice set up. Do you know how much hp you are making with that much boost? I think mine is going to be lower boost. I don't want it to work my motor too hard. I am working on making a fast fun dunner rather than a drag bike. I'll look for you for sure!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts