Raptor Forum banner

Getting more power

977 views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  kbdoc 
#1 ·
I have an 06 Raptor with a Big Gun Complete Race exhaust and a ModSquad K&N air intake kit. I want to get some more power out of the bike and was looking at several programmers, tunners, replacement ECU's.

I have gone through the motor and replaced the piston and the top end with better aftermarket parts while still conforming to stock standards.

JB Pistons, White Valves, EBC race clutch pack, Hinson Clutch basket, to name a few.

Any Suggestions?

Keith

#2 ·
i would do a cam and programmer next. just depends how much power you want and how much u want to spend. J

#3 ·
Can't go wrong with a power commander. A cam would also be next.

#6 · (Edited)
Desert Racing in California, Nevada, Arizona, Mexico. No programmer now. Right now just looking for some extra plug and play power with the mods done. Cam is a good idea but no time before the Vegas to Reno Race next month.

The power Commander 3 looks to be a good quick source for power, anyone else using this programmer? Likes and or dislikes???

Keith

#9 ·
You can install a hotcam in a afternoons time. They are not that difficult. There is YouTube video that shows how. A power commander would be the way to go if your plans are to keep adding parts.

#10 ·
You need to get a fuel programmer before you ruin that brand new top end you threw in. That would be very first IMO. What compression piston did you go with? Next would be a cam for sure. After that I would go with a P&P. How much are you looking to spend?

#11 · (Edited)
You better get a controller on there asap before your next race or you'll be rebuilding your motor soon. A hc 2 or 3 will help you with the desert racing. If your looking for more top end then the hc3 with 15t front sprocket will give you what you want. If your looking for more tq and mid to top punch then the hc 2 with the stock gearing will do nicely. Pc. 3 or 5 will work good for you

#12 ·
Thanks guys for all the good info. I think I will go will the power commander 3. I know that with the 15/37 gear that we ran a few years ago we could hit 90mph in 5th but in the low torque band, but could not get it any higher, just not enough get up and go. Hopefully this will help with that little extra kick we need.

A cam sounds great for next season.

Keith

:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.