Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished putting a new tranny in my 01 raptor but I'm having trouble getting oil pressure . I put a qrt in the oil tank and some down the threw the top of the head and I cant get any to come threw the oil line in the top of the head. and there was very little in the oil filter . Is there a proper way to get the oil to prime? air pressure threw the oil tank or putting oil down the oil tube? my be I will have to pull the clutch cover and check the oil pump gear.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Start the engine and make sure there is at least 2.3 liters of oil in the engine and tank, after the engine starts it may take some 10 seconds to get oil pressure................

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
That is why a good engine assembly lube on the cam and rockers are important.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
That is why a good engine assembly lube on the cam and rockers are important.
Right on and this is another reason why I put grease into the pump and get it all lubes of it can draw oil immediately, and even then it may take several seconds of engine operation to get pressure.
With a lot of the big engines we rebuild at my shop, we pressurize the complete lubrication system with oil with the filters on to fill the lubrication system.................

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So do you think I should pull the pump out and fill it with grease? Another consern I heard that there is a dowl between the case halve that has to have an o-ring and I have been working on it for so
Long I can't remember if I put an o-ring between the cases

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
So do you think I should pull the pump out and fill it with grease? Another consern I heard that there is a dowl between the case halve that has to have an o-ring and I have been working on it for so
Long I can't remember if I put an o-ring between the cases
I wouldnt bother, the best you can do now is start the engine and see if it gets oil pressure in 10 seconds or so, check that the reservoir gains oil and as far as the o ring is concerned, if you forgot to put it in you will have an oil leak in that area................

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you I will try again this weekend. and thank you for all your help when my tranny first went bad and was stuck in gear every thing you said was spot on . thank you

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
thank you I will try again this weekend. and thank you for all your help when my tranny first went bad and was stuck in gear every thing you said was spot on . thank you
I'm glad I was of assisstance............:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts