Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I'm new to the forum. Used it here and there for ideas, but now I'm investing more time And Money into my '05 660 and I'm looking for some solid advice from the experts in here.
I do trail riding mostly with some jumps here and there (working on progressing that) and right now I'm looking to widen a bit and upgrade the shocks.
Just called ATV Galaxy about some Lonestar +2 long travel A-arms, Elka Stage 3 (maybe 4 for rebound) shocks, and an Axcalibar adj. Axle.
Havent pulled the trigger yet, but pricing was right around $2k (with included brake lines).
You guys think this is the best deal I can get for this set up?
Are there some other Manf.'s or Dealers I should look at?
Thanks for your help!

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,566 Posts
Check with TQS, another vender on the forum.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM.

·
Registered
689 Posts
for suspension i would go to a guy on the forum named Jagaca, he is brilliant with suspension set ups! i haven't bought any thing from him YET, I don't have much money haha, not that he is expensive, his builds are very fair!

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I appreciate the help!
So I may have jumped the gun a bit, but I was waiting on a call back from management at ATV Galaxy earlier. Anyway, I got a pretty good deal I thought so I got it.
+2 Lonestar long travel arms, Elka stage 3 shocks all around (with rebound option and covers added for fronts), lines with clamps, and Axcalibar adj. axle. All totalled $2189. A few days ago I thought ok, just getting +2 sport A-arms and call it a day.. Hahaha! Nope. It's a habit of mine with anything I get with a motor in it.
It's ok, just sold my fairly stock '03 660 for almost the same amount to the dollar at $2200, so it went right back into my '05.
Although my carb rebuild and re-jetting kit, coolant lines, Renthal -1 front sprocket, race bars, grips and billet throttle blade, cost a bit more. Gonna be a nasty ass quad after though Lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
You can save a fair amount of money going with Jogaca. I have fronts and rear shock on order all tailored to me for half the price of elkas. Should be getting them within a week or 2. These are what i am getting.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Jogaca, jogaca, jogaca, ok now, welcome to the forum, but contact him, I was apprehensive until we spoke for 5 minutes, he will tell you what he thinks is best even if it's not from him, and he'll build your shocks for your size and riding terrain/style. You won't get more for your buck.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ryan Lee, those look Legit!
Yeah, like I said I probably jumped the gun a little and already made the purchase, but I know I got some good parts coming, abeit for more than I may have needed to spend. Live and learn right? Lol
Elka is building them to my size and riding style, but I'll have to see if Jogaca has any input on what he could add.

Anyone got pics of their suspension/drivetrain set ups?

·
Registered
689 Posts
here are a few more pics that Jogaca sent me of some of his other builds. I sure he can work his magic on the suspension you are getting, ya know making it just right for you. Me I am probably going to go with either Yfz 450 shocks by Jogaca or works thripple rate with remoter rezzies.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Love the colors on all these. I know it's just aesthetics, but the right colors set the whole thing off looking at it. Not really a fan of the Elka's red towers and black springs with my blue fairings. Would rather have something that would stand out like these with a bright yellow (to match my hoses), or even Kawi green (big fan of Kawi And Yamaha here. Also ride ZX10R's and an R1.)
So I sent out a PM to jogaca and am awaiting reply now.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
That's awesome man, I'd much rather give my money to Kevin than a place with galaxy in their name. I kinda felt bad after posting about jogaca it wasn't till later I realized you already bought the Elka's, looks like it all worked out. I figure we saved you a few $ too, so you can make my check out to mattzila, that's two T's and one L......,! Congrats

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's awesome man, I'd much rather give my money to Kevin than a place with galaxy in their name. I kinda felt bad after posting about jogaca it wasn't till later I realized you already bought the Elka's, looks like it all worked out. I figure we saved you a few $ too, so you can make my check out to mattzila, that's two T's and one L......,! Congrats
Yeah it worked out, thankfully, as long as I get my refund back anyway Lol
Really looking forward to my shocks now!
Ok, so let me get my checkbook out, and that's m-a-t-t-z-i-l-a... :laugh

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,451 Posts
Hell throwing around that dough, Cammy needs some cash. ;)

I never did like Elka much anyway, they come valved weird from the factory so I know you did the better thing by going with Kevin.

·
Registered
689 Posts
hey wait wait i could use some $ too here guys! hahaha ;)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sheeeeeeeeeiiit! My checkbook is takin a nasty hit here LOL!

Man, seriously it's gonna be hard waiting for all the parts to put this thing together.. Been thinking about it non stop.
Got home from work today and took it around the block (no real dirt close by), even though its a bit choppy in 1st at a crawl doing a u-turn or whatever, cause the carb's are all filled with crap and leaking a little. Anyway, looking forward to hitting my little secret spot around the back of the woods from my neighborhood when she's finished. Its a little over a 1/4 mile straight shot of grass on the right next to a retention ditch, but on the left side is where its really at. A three sided irregular triangle retention pond (mostly empty) with about 40 degree banks, so essentially a small nascar track made of grass that you can hit hard in 2nd and 3rd, sliding sideways around the corners and jumping out of when your done! Lol
Its Reeeaally Reeeaally Fun, and maybe just slightly.. illegal :wink

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Hey andon and cammy, soon as I get my check I'll send you guys your cut, we ll split whatever I get in 3rds, I'm just that kinda guy.#wonthideitbutdevideit

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Hell throwing around that dough, Cammy needs some cash. ;)

I never did like Elka much anyway, they come valved weird from the factory so I know you did the better thing by going with Kevin.
Don't let this guy fool you! He has more $$$$$$$$$$$ that everyone on this forum combined!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts