Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a set of long travel Gibson a-arms with remote shocks for pretty cheap. I know the shocks are a pretty decent set but wondered about the a-arms. Are they pretty durable? How much are they worth?

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have heim joints on my current setup. Would they be worth upgrading to from my 700se shocks and +3 Janseen (or lonestar?) a-arms?

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I ended up getting the Gibson setup. It is the same width is what I was running but the LT elkas and the long travel made it worth buying IMO.

Anyone know where I can get new heim joint inserts if I need them?

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I found those but the only way to get the heims is in the full rebuild kits. They aren't that sloppy I was just wondering. I guess if I wanted to I bet they would sell them if I just called them.

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The heim joints that are in mine look more like a puck that is held in with a snap ring. Not the tie rod end style.

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
Gibson calls those spherical bearings and though it's more like a heim in design than a ball joint they should not to be confused with "cheap" a-arms which use "heim joint" upper and lowers as the sleeves for the Gibson bearings/joints are part of the arm itself.

The benefits are that they are stronger and allow for a greater range of movement. The downside is that they are more susceptible to the elements.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts