Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
DWR-President
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently stacked a fiber and after tearing it apart I got to wondering since I took out the cushion spring wondering if I caused it a problem. Says to just remove one fiber and one steel. But was thinking take out the half fibers and put in full fibers for more friction.

Anyone have good pointers or ideas? Did some searching and keep comming up with different answers. Also in need of a new clutch and steels, thinking going back with OEM. Cant seem to find any gytr clutches.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
70 Posts
So I recently stacked a fiber and after tearing it apart I got to wondering since I took out the cushion spring wondering if I caused it a problem. Says to just remove one fiber and one steel. But was thinking take out the half fibers and put in full fibers for more friction.

Anyone have good pointers or ideas? Did some searching and keep comming up with different answers. Also in need of a new clutch and steels, thinking going back with OEM. Cant seem to find any gytr clutches.

Thanks guys!
when i installed my slingshot i only removed one fiber. and put the slingshot to a steel. that is what my directions told me to do. do you have the newer version for undercover? i also replaced the one fiber with a fullsized one and removed the cushion spring. it has worked fine for one full season of ice racing and sand drags. for the gytr kit i was able to order at the yamaha dealership just recently. hope this helps. if you still have any other questions about the slingshot kevin was helpful when i was installing mine.

·
Registered
54 Posts
if you are needing a new clutch you should go for the oem r6 setup, you will need the fibres from the r6 and the steels from the raptor and the outer fibre for a raptor as thee r6 doesnt have a smaller one, theres a thread about it i will see if i can dig it up

·
DWR-President
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ordered a gytr kit... hope it works good. Thought about trying out the "alba" clutch i found on ebay was like half the price but was normally about 120...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts