Raptor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well ill start off by saying that another o1 660 raptor just blew its tranny!, stupid yamaha why didnt they just recall the damn things, buttlicks! anyway i have stock 660 , with a DG pipe #1 is DG pipe any good for help with performance, do i have to jet, should i jet? would i get a big difference, aswell i read about the float adjustment post, awsome idea definetly gonna try that. ok now could somebody please tell me some other verycheap mods for more horsepower or better torque, aswell as top end, i no its hard to get both but i usually chase cars on the highway with my quad at night for fun :p but i love cat walks etc

·
Registered
735 Posts
anything that makes it breath easier makes more power. I havent had any experiece with dg pipes, but hmf makes a reasonalbly priced slip on that is descent in the power range too. Any time you make it breathe easier you need to rejet. More air and less fuel make a lean condition which can make your motor get hot and cause premature failure. Jets are cheap, and you can get close by starting by upping 5 on the rt carb mainjet and moving the rt stock jet to the left side. If you loose the airbox lid and find a way to secure the filter or as said in many posts before get a prodesign clamp on kit, you will need to rejet a bit higher.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts