Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thread change. Im looking for co-pilots, starting early but you gotta plan ahead. Thinking of the best way to go this year. Either save up for gas money and drive or ship the truck with the quad dissembled inside. The drive is nice but long, atleast 2.5 days. Each time ive gone it was cold at night. Fitted a box trailer out the first time and lugged an AC unit with, LOL. Hey, I didnt now it was gona be cold, its a frigan dessert, there supposed to be hot. Ill probly be leaving from MD or FL. Who wants to go, split fuel and hotels.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Re: Glamis, 2006/2007

WASH ROAD, I USUALLY GO TO WASH 10 OR 11

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Ive only been there once and it wasnt on newyears. I remember sand highway, the beach store, how to get to oldsmobile and that little paved road with the stopsign on rought 10. Were are the washes.

·
Registered
865 Posts

If you turn down the road next to the beach store each wash is numbered as you go down the road, I have found wash 10 is a little less busy than the ones closer to the beach store, and you arew still close to the tip of the dunes......I have gone somewhere close to thirty times and have never camped anywhere but the washes.....Maybe one of these times I will try Gecko......When are you going?

·
Registered
287 Posts

I'll be there, probably the friday after christmas till about the 2nd not sure where I'm park'n yet. I'll be camping with some friends from Fire Ball Racing.

Gecko road will be packed for sure.
I'll keep you posted. maybe some others on the forum want to get together.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Yeh, its kinda hard getting through to others there. im gona be there hopfully by sat. Ill be in a yellow isuzu with cripple tags. Does anyone carry radios, ive got a CB on the truck and hand helds.

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Im on my way, dune sweet dune.

·
Registered
287 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I didnt make it, DAM. One of my fuel injectors in my truck started leaking down contaminating my oil. Still waiting on the replacments to be shiped in. Going to make the trip in febuary if things work out.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I made it this year 2007/2008. Stayed a week and had a awsome time. Im looking to try again for either Thanksgiving or for 2008/2009.

·
Registered
331 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Ive herd about the guys from NY sending there quads to Glamis, do they ever take there jeeps or sandrails?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Well, the best quote for the truck sofar is $850 so thats not bad. I dont think ill be charged for the Quad striped in the back along with my supplys.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Im looking for co-pilots, starting early but you gotta plan ahead. Thinking of the best way to go this year. Either save up for gas money and drive or ship the truck with the quad dissembled inside. The drive is nice but long, atleast 2.5 days. Each time ive gone it was cold at night. Fitted a box trailer out the first time and lugged an AC unit with, LOL. Hey, I didnt now it was gona be cold, its a frigan dessert, there supposed to be hot. Ill probly be leaving from MD or FL. Who wants to go, split fuel and hotels.

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
Moon said:
Im looking for co-pilots, starting early but you gotta plan ahead. Thinking of the best way to go this year. Either save up for gas money and drive or ship the truck with the quad dissembled inside. The drive is nice but long, atleast 2.5 days. Each time ive gone it was cold at night. Fitted a box trailer out the first time and lugged an AC unit with, LOL. Hey, I didnt now it was gona be cold, its a frigan dessert, there supposed to be hot. Ill probly be leaving from MD or FL. Who wants to go, split fuel and hotels.
I think some of us are going to be going out October 10th :thumbsup:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It would be a good date to keep inmind. Let me see how things pan out. I need someone to split the cost and im trying to avoid going it alone this time.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.