Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Is "pack it in, pack it out" too much to ask?

Venture to almost any public riding area immediately after a holiday weekend and you’re likely to find piles of trash, water bottles and empty beer cans left behind. In high trafficked areas like Glamis, California, the amount of refuse left behind is disturbing. While this behavior is detestable and no doubt a significant factor in the closing of popular riding areas, a group of Glamis regulars have launched the Glamis Black Bag Project as a way to encourage people to practice good stewardship of the dunes and take their garbage with them.

Check out the videos here: http://www.atv.com/trails/glamis-black-bag-project-launches-initiative-to-preserve-the-dunes

·
Super Moderator
7,757 Posts
I didn't watch the video yet, but in my eyes the answer to that question is NO! Wherever I ride and we stop for a rest, I always walk around and grab any miscellaneous crap that I ever see laying around, it doesn't belong in the wild. Lead by example works... my wife, son, and daughter have picked up the hint. Always brings a smile to my face when I see them lean down to grab something before me, no prodding needed.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,476 Posts
I was at Glamis this year before presidents day and left Monday morning. Other then some fire wood I thought the area was remarkably clean. The dumpsters on the way out were overflowing. I always take a shovel and rake for clean up, and after I pull out, the wife double checks.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
It's ridiculous the people that think they have to take beer with them everywhere and just throw it down. Don't get me wrong, I'm a drinker, but I don't liter.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
There is a place that i ride time to time that is private property (yes i know thats bad since i dont have permission) and people 4 wheel out there and dump trash and wreck the place. I go out there and try to clean it up even when i dont ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 5 of 5 Posts