Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm gonna head out to Glamis(my 1st time) this weekend w/ some friends and I know I need some paddles so heres the Q. What kind of paddles should i get?(not trying to buy expensive tires either because most likely i'll hardly ever use them) I'm probably going to be doin a little bit of racing but mostly exploring and getting to know the place considering its my first time. What else will i be needing? Where's a good spot? etc.......Just looking for some insight from those who have been there.
Thanks

·
Registered
454 Posts
this weekend will suck for ridin at glamis. the sand will be all tore up. not a good weekend to go for your first time. you will be using the paddles more than you think, you will get bit by the sand bug. i personally love itp sand stars. you dont need fronts just rears.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I AGREE, I JUST BOUGHT MY RAPTOR 700 ABOUT TWO MONTHS AGO AND I BOUGHT ITP SAND STARS AND LOVED THEM

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what bolt pattern and tire/wheel size should i buy for the rear?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
okay so i found this at my local chaprral store
Sandstars 20-11-10 10x8 4/115 .190 wheel $199.97
^w/o .190 wheel and cast wheel instead $180.97
21x11-10 Kenda K534 Sand Gecko on Aluminum - 0.190 4/130: $150.97
^w/o .190 wheel and cast sport wheel instead $130.97

what do you think ?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh yea and sandsharks for the same as the gecko

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
okay i'll keep that in mind thx would i benefit in getting the .190 wheel as opposed to the sport cast wheels?

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
i will be in glamis this weekend 2, i'll look out for ya!!< we will be camping on gecko rd,. i think that's what my friends said..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
NICK said:
i will be in glamis this weekend 2, i'll look out for ya!!< we will be camping on gecko rd,. i think that's what my friends said..
Cool Maybe i'll see u there
Anybody have input on the rim/wheel?Is it worth the extra bucks to get .190 wheel instead of the cast aluminum?

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
sikraptor700 said:
the geckos are the worst sand paddles that you can get
Not quite the worst, but they're up there. Ever try to run paddle masters??? ;)

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
450_Killa said:
NICK said:
Cool Maybe i'll see u there
Anybody have input on the rim/wheel?Is it worth the extra bucks to get .190 wheel instead of the cast aluminum?

for 20bucks more it can't hurt,. what color rappy did you get?. i would get black rims if you can, they would look pretty crazy..

·
Registered
75 Posts
That's where I got my haulers for a little over $210. Haulers or Sandstars are both a great tire. As for rims I have .125 and have been fine. If you plan on jumping get the .190.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I went with sandstars w/ the.190 wheel thx guys maybe i'll see some of you out there..

BLue 700, they had no black wheels but im gonna get itp black beadlocks later on so we'll see when it happens.

·
Registered
120 Posts
so what size did u get? 20x11x10?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts