Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know ultimately this boils down to personal preference. A lot of factors to consider when choosing. I’m going to be riding mostly Midwest trails.

I’m a huge fan of wearing very dark sunglasses and cutting the glare pretty much all the time. I like the idea of the goggles, but I also like the breathability of using some sort of riding glasses.

I’m concerned I’ll get goggles with a colored lens that’s too dark for the woods. We don’t have many options around my town where we can actually try on googles and compare.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,054 Posts
Clear OTG.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I like glasses in the mud trails, goggles anywhere else. When i wear goggles in the wet trails they have more surface area and seem to get muddy and impossible to see out of very quickly. Whatever you decide, rub em down with rain-x before you ride and it will help water bead up and roll off

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
You can get auto tinting light sensing goggles or glasses that will darken depending on light conditions. If I'm in tight trails i wear glasses because goggles fog up when the going gets slow. Be sure to wear something as rocks or braches can ruin your sight forever!

·
Registered
470 Posts
I know ultimately this boils down to personal preference. A lot of factors to consider when choosing. I’m going to be riding mostly Midwest trails.

I’m a huge fan of wearing very dark sunglasses and cutting the glare pretty much all the time. I like the idea of the goggles, but I also like the breathability of using some sort of riding glasses.

I’m concerned I’ll get goggles with a colored lens that’s too dark for the woods. We don’t have many options around my town where we can actually try on googles and compare.

Does anyone have any recommendations?
My sunglasses fit fine underneath my goggles, my give that a shot.

·
11,054 Posts
Clear OTG.
Get clear OTG (over the glasses) with dual no fog lenses and quick straps. Wear any color glasses under, and if need be, release the quick strap and use just your glasses. If you ride in lots of mud, get 'tear-offs'. You can also have different goggles with different color lenses. Blue for contrast, yellow for brightness, gray, pink, reflective, UV, etc.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I tried the tear offs. Water got between the layers and i couldnt see a damn thing

·
11,054 Posts
I tried the tear offs. Water got between the layers and i couldnt see a damn thing

Have you tried a swim mask and fins, lol!! HAHA, I couldn't resist!!

·
Registered
538 Posts
I also had a Bell Star and have Shoei RF1200(Snell full face street), both with the photocramatic/transitions sheild.
They are amazing, and tint or brighten almost instantly.
I will never have another street helmet without one ever again.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Not a great picture, but it happens to have both helmets in it.
The QuickStrap has a plastic pin lock on one side and velcro on the other.
It's on my classic(and retired) Bell Moto-
20200319_174538.jpg
6 from 1996, but the strap and velcro still work like new!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts