Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How often does every one go through a pair of gloves? also what do y'all think of hard knuckle gloves? in thinking of these.

in know i im taking a risk with amazon but they are the right color, haha!

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
All depends on how much you ride and conditions. I personal favorite are Oakley gloves. They last the longest for me which is like say 6 months.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I use the fingerless mechanic gloves that you can buy at the auto parts store. I have like 3 different pair that have lasted me like atleast 3-4 years or so. I like the fingerless because I feel like I have more feeling and control with my bare fingertips. I also have a full finger set of Fly Racing gloves that I use on colder rides but for some reason I just dont feel as comfortable wearing those. The mechanic gloves have lots of padding and extra leather in the palm area right were you need it most. Works great for me.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I get about two years out of them I would say. I just wear the traditional MX style myself. Non-knuckle plastic type. Even though mine have always had leather palm sides I will throw them in the washer a few times per year. Never caused any problems.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Street bike gloves in my experience are a lot hotter and make you sweat a lot more than mx gloves. Some this does. Not bother or do not have this problem. I only ride the dunes so I don't need much knuckle protection. I use bicycle gloves with gel palms and no fingers. Or half fingers.

·
Registered
44 Posts
How often does every one go through a pair of gloves? also what do y'all think of hard knuckle gloves? in thinking of these.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001A1TPWC/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3API60Q3VVB01

in know i im taking a risk with amazon but they are the right color, haha!
Usually a couple of years. Hard knuckle gloves will surely protect your knuckles from bruises and abrasions. I don't see any thing wrong buying from amazon as long as you keep the ticket and brand is reputable.

·
Ride or Die
1,348 Posts
1-2 summers

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alright, i got to a dealer ship and i like the hard knuckle gloves so imma go with them. thanks everyone!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I get a new pair every year for Christmas but I don't ride much in the winter so it's probably about 6 months of use.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts