Raptor Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thats what I said too when I first got it... then I was like well idk.... maybe just a little faster LOL
I know what you mean! I'm fine until I hit the dunes, then it seems the sand is the great humiliator of machines. Something nearly uncontrollable on a dirt road will find itself chugging down into second gear to reach the top of the fingers at Sand Mountain in Utah, or Choke Cherry in Idaho. Then I want another 10 hp.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I know what you mean! I'm fine until I hit the dunes, then it seems the sand is the great humiliator of machines. Something nearly uncontrollable on a dirt road will find itself chugging down into second gear to reach the top of the fingers at Sand Mountain in Utah, or Choke Cherry in Idaho. Then I want another 10 hp.
I had a 400ex once. went up a sandy hill and I was pinned in second the whole way. My raptor is definitely WAY better but still, sand EATS your power.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I had a 400ex once. went up a sandy hill and I was pinned in second the whole way. My raptor is definitely WAY better but still, sand EATS your power.
I love the 400ex, had one for a while. The "fingers" at Sand Mountain, 400EX won't climb it, too steep...I've tried on two different ones, stock and modded. Here's me climbing it on a Raptor 700R SE.
Here's climbing the less-steep hill next to it on a modded 400EX, had to hit first gear pinned! Haha!:
Crazy how the hill pulls the 700 down into the fat torque rpm of the motor - mind you this is winter and the sand is firm, harder in the summer with dry sand.
Where do you ride?

·
Registered
539 Posts
I love the 400ex, had one for a while. The "fingers" at Sand Mountain, 400EX won't climb it, too steep...I've tried on two different ones, stock and modded. Here's me climbing it on a Raptor 700R SE.
Here's climbing the less-steep hill next to it on a modded 400EX, had to hit first gear pinned! Haha!:
Crazy how the hill pulls the 700 down into the fat torque rpm of the motor - mind you this is winter and the sand is firm, harder in the summer with dry sand.
Where do you ride?
Oh man I ride everywhere. Grand Canyon is about 100 miles away, got Coral pink sand dunes
30 minutes away, Sandhollow sand dunes.... theres a LOT to ride around here.
The torque is so great on the 700. No doubt the best quad ive ever had.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Oh man I ride everywhere. Grand Canyon is about 100 miles away, got Coral pink sand dunes
30 minutes away, Sandhollow sand dunes.... theres a LOT to ride around here.
The torque is so great on the 700. No doubt the best quad ive ever had.
One of my favorite places to ride is the Paiute Trail System. My buddies and I go there every fall and ride for two days. Love it. You in southern Utah then?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts