Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. the head pipe on my raptor has been glowing red. what does this mean? does it mean its rich or lean? the mods are and HMF exhaust and a k and n filter.

i dont know the jetting sizes on the carbs yet. when i had them off the last time to clean them, my buddy put them on before i could get the jet sizes

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
It means the header is hot.

·
Master of the Electron
15,411 Posts
Lean.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I agree. Lean. I upped all the jet sizes by one size... mains from 145/150 to 150/155 and pilots from 22.5 to 25. Mine only glowed at idle though, so maybe only the pilots would need anything if it runs good at other throttle positions.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It means the header is hot.
thanks for being the douchebag.

I agree. Lean. I upped all the jet sizes by one size... mains from 145/150 to 150/155 and pilots from 22.5 to 25. Mine only glowed at idle though, so maybe only the pilots would need anything if it runs good at other throttle positions.
thanks. yeah it only does it at idle.

·
Master of the Electron
15,411 Posts
If only at idle, open your fuel screws 1/4 to 1/2 turn and see if it goes away without affecting idle, and doesn't create a stumble when coming hard on throtttle from idle. If you get beyond around 3 1/2 turns out on the screws, replace pilots with 25's and try again with screws at around 2.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts