Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok gents I've got some really good news the KTM has a cash deposit on it and it should be gone at the end of the week or the first of next week and my ZX14 sold last night on ebay... ;)

I'm real close to getting back on a Raptor and need some help setting it up for GNCC type stuff...I do skids and bumpers first (have those planned already) then suspension..

So my first question is what would be the widest you guys would go front/rear for GNCC and what would be the best way to get to that width ?? **I'm not a fan of spacers** :confused:

Houser says run their +.05 cross country a-arms but said nothing about max width or wheel offset..

Have not talked w/Lonsestar but I see they offer Cross Country XC arms that are +.05 wider and +.75 forward..

I will be riding in upstate NY and north/central PA the most my main goal is to widen it out as far as possible in order to loose that I'm about to high side feeling without going so wide as to bounce off trees.. :D

your thoughts ?? ???

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Ok gents I've got some really good news the KTM has a cash deposit on it and it should be gone at the end of the week or the first of next week and my ZX14 sold last night on ebay... ;)

I'm real close to getting back on a Raptor and need some help setting it up for GNCC type stuff...I do skids and bumpers first (have those planned already) then suspension..

So my first question is what would be the widest you guys would go front/rear for GNCC and what would be the best way to get to that width ?? **I'm not a fan of spacers** :confused:

Houser says run their +.05 cross country a-arms but said nothing about max width or wheel offset..

Have not talked w/Lonsestar but I see they offer Cross Country XC arms that are +.05 wider and +.75 forward..

I will be riding in upstate NY and north/central PA the most my main goal is to widen it out as far as possible in order to loose that I'm about to high side feeling without going so wide as to bounce off trees.. :D

your thoughts ?? ???
Most everyone here in the mid-south series are making the bikes narrower and shorter.
I would stick with stock dimensions (46") for play riding with friends and simply buy a set of off set wheels and GNCC tires you can change out for racing. That way you can narrow the front and rear to 44 or 45" and scream through the woods. If you want more width for play riding with friends then buy a durablue axle that you can move the shims around behind the hubs and go from 50" to 46" then with the your hare scramble wheels back down to 44 or 45". Good luck.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
I just ordered the LT XC Housers and Motowoz package from TQS. btw CAN'T WAIT TO GET HOME, ARMS COMING IN THE MAIL TODAY! The whole reason I had to buy the new arms was because I clipped a tree racing AWRCS. I would stay stock width w/ 4:1 or +1 arms w/ 3:2, 4:1 w/ the +1 arms tops for GNCC. You really want to stay close to stock width when woods racing.

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts
Mike, All I do is trail/woods/and some local XC races, I've got mine set up @ 48.5" front and 47.5 rear. You never want to get the rear wider than the front because it will cause it to push in tight turns. I lessened the high side feeling by lowering the frame height and running 23" front and 22" rear tires to gain some ground clearance back. This set up seems to work really nice, at least it does for me. Hope this helps you :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great info gents much appreciated !! :beer:

·
Registered
131 Posts
What was wrong with the ktm for XC? I left mine stock width but our xc tracks can be narrow as 50 inch

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What was wrong with the ktm for XC? I left mine stock width but our xc tracks can be narrow as 50 inch
KTM is too small for someone as tall as I am going back to a 700R..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts