Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running a Go pro helmet camera?
I am about to buy one. Just wondering what model anybody is running?

·
Breathe my dust !
1,377 Posts
I run the Go pro HD, I like it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
My Buddy Bill Markel runs one and I use the video all the time in my videos I make. He just bought the extended battery and I think flash card so he can record the whole race.
For 200 bucks for a nice set up it seems to do a great job
Check out TeamTrueRacing on Utube or facebook or go to the Alta Vista Events web site to check out some footage...

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I also have the Go Pro HD and LOVE it. Aside from using it as a helmet cam riding, I've also used mine snorkeling in the Caribbean.

·
Registered
56 Posts
yeah i want that HD Hero 1080 the whole setup looks awesome

·
Registered
131 Posts
just get the 1080p hd motorsports package and you will be glad you bought rather than buyin the naked or 960 go for broke and you will feel better with your purchase... i know i did

·
Breathe my dust !
1,377 Posts
Def take the HD hero.
Plus if you or your friend have another one, they sell a special housing to record videos in 3D !!

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
I use the vholdr contour 1080p and it's awesome. They also have the gps model so everyone can see exactly where you are in your videos. Kind of a cool feature if your uploading your videos online. Plus the camera is more sleek looking than the go pro IMO. Here's a link http://contour.com/camera/media
And heres a video I took with mine but I had to compress it for you tube so the quality isn't as good as it is raw.

·
Registered
297 Posts
.. They also have the gps model so everyone can see exactly where you are in your videos. Kind of a cool feature if your uploading your videos online. Plus the camera is more sleek looking than the go pro IMO. Here's a link http://contour.com/camera/media ...
That is a cool camera. I'll have to see what kind of deals I can find on one.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
That is a cool camera. I'll have to see what kind of deals I can find on one.
Yeah man it really is a sweet little camera. It takes great video too! One cool feature is the rotating lens with laser pointers. so you can mount it in any position and get it dialed in at the right angle. And I use a 16G micro sd card which holds tons of hrs. Also you can switch it between two different shooting modes manually on the camera which you can customize. I have them set to 720 high action and 1080p. There is also a really nice waterproof case available for it here
http://cgi.ebay.com/VholdR-ContourHD-1080p-Helmet-Camera-Waterproof-Case-/110562929055?pt=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item19be10699f
So far I haven't had any prblems with it and I'm going on about 1.5 yrs. with tons of hrs of video. I do use the waterproof case though which also completely protects the camera itself. Did you check out the link I posted to their website and look at all the different videos?

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
LOL yeah it's pretty sweet for sure. It would be even better if it had a remote lcd screen that mounted on your bars so you could use it as a gps. Rather than just seeing where you were after you've uploaded the video on your computer. Also the waterproof case doesn't work with the gps model, only the 1080p or HD models. Atleast for now but they say they are making one for the gps model.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts