Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Im in the market for some goggles but ive never purchased them so im not sure if its just looks that are different or if different ones fit better on certain helmets. I have a HJC CL-XY II Helmet, can i get some recommendations ?

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Best thing is know what type of riding/conditions your going to be riding in. Is there a place local that you can go to with your helmet to try some on? I think read a decent write up on Rocky Mountain or Scott goggles i cant remember. Even most motorcycle shops will have a small or larger selection of goggles.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Has anyone tried the photochromic goggles from Dragon Alliance?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Has anyone tried the photochromic goggles from Dragon Alliance?
I have 509 photochromatic goggles for snowmobiling, auto changing lens are really nice, I have heard frome people that dragon alliance supposedly have the best photochromatic lenses, but i have not used them personally tho because they didn't seal up to my 509 helmet as well as my 509 goggles do

In my opinion photochromatic lenses are not necessary for fourwheeling and are expensive to replace when scratch, I like the "firey" tint lenses, seem to work well in all light conditions

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hey guys,

Im in the market for some goggles but ive never purchased them so im not sure if its just looks that are different or if different ones fit better on certain helmets. I have a HJC CL-XY II Helmet, can i get some recommendations ?
I personally recommend getting the same brand goggles as your helmet, they tend to seal up better because they are made for eachother, I have 509 helmet and 509 goggles for fourwheeling and snowmobiling

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I have 509 photochromatic goggles for snowmobiling, auto changing lens are really nice, I have heard frome people that dragon alliance supposedly have the best photochromatic lenses, but i have not used them personally tho because they didn't seal up to my 509 helmet as well as my 509 goggles do

In my opinion photochromatic lenses are not necessary for fourwheeling and are expensive to replace when scratch, I like the "firey" tint lenses, seem to work well in all light conditions
Right on. Being in FL going from 100% sun to 68% shade then back to 100% sun during noon hours, and dealing with the fading sun in the twilight hours. I figured that they might be good.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,571 Posts
I have 2pr of Scott OTG goggles with quick straps. Blue lenses for dunes, clear for nights. Not the most expensive, but work for me. Lense color is important. Gray, yellow, peach, blue, green, etc. Do your research as to color and contrast and what works for you and your area. You want to read your terrain, not the sky. Beware of high priced, specialized goggles that you can't find lenses for.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
All of my goggles are clear, i usually just wear sunglasses. I get safety glasses at work that are sunglasses for 3 bucks so if i loose them mess them up on the trail who cares.
Im thinking of going with some NFXS goggles.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I like my Oakley Airbrakes with Prizm lens. I have a bad astigmatism and have only ever worn Oakleys anytime I'm in the sun and didn't want to cheap out on riding goggles especially since my optometrist had told me my eyes are very healthy with very little sun damage to the point he asked me if I was ever outside for extended periods of time. The Prizm lens is great in all lighting.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I had a set of Dragon goggles for the last couple years, and now I got a new pair of 100% goggles. I use the Quick Straps also; they are very convenient. So far, both brands of goggles have fit to my helmet well, so I don't know that you need to match brands. Rocky Mountain ATV closeout sales can get you some decent deals of googles...

EDIT

I didn't realize how old this thread was. My apologies.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I had a set of Dragon goggles for the last couple years, and now I got a new pair of 100% goggles. I use the Quick Straps also; they are very convenient. So far, both brands of goggles have fit to my helmet well, so I don't know that you need to match brands. Rocky Mountain ATV closeout sales can get you some decent deals of googles...

EDIT

I didn't realize how old this thread was. My apologies.
haha no worries. i forgot about this thread.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Well new and more info is always appreciated :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts