Raptor Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Got a little more done. Motor and swinger back in tomorrow, thats a two person job sunce motors a good 200lbs it seems. Might throw stage 1cams in it since valve cover seal went on both cylinders last year at some point.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Looks like your on the last leg of the rebuild, cant wait to hear the first ride review!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Yeah but I got issues with the shocks jogaca did for me. Maybe it's just what I'm working with since its half utility

I have to mess with trying to get rid of the negitive camber these machines came with. I got the back half of wiring done. We put some gussets that happened to be right where I needing wiring to go. 3 hours later with paying I got around everything.

I may change out to trx450r rear hubs to run 9" rims on my 20" mudlites. Got rear fenders just laying on right now, should be able to bolt them down tomorrow. I am kinda tired of working on it now but at the same time I need it finished ASAP so the raptor get get a longer rear end and go in for motor work.

2 machines is better then the 4-5 I had last year.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Got the main harness into place and routed nice on the rim skin. Ordered new exhaust gaskets and oil filter. Need plugs but I'll let my guy do that since he's gonna be in the head soon anyway. Should be a few more days til exhaust goes on. An idea on size, 48" wide rear. 47" front. Little smaller then it once was.

Attachments

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Exhaust done. Front wheels and tires are getting sold to kid who bought my 450r. They are too skinny and small, 22" my ass.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Plugs came in today...so they went onto to the bike today. Went to route the throttle cable on my Honda thumb throttle and found the cable was cracked down to the metal...only a fool ignores that. Ordered a new one. Wish I had seen that last week when I did my OEM parts order. Not too much longer. OEM front tires and rims go back on Friday. I took the ones i bought off and sold to the kid who buys anything from me. Next is to wire up my LED light bar. I need to find a junk headlight on eBay since I am not willing to cut up my nice OEM ones hitting in a box in the loft. I can not run headlights due to the plastics seeing better days, all the tabs broke off. When i get new lime green plastics then I can run them so for now Id cut up a junk headlight and run the LED wires into a factory connector so I can use the OEM headlight switch...smart move!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Scored a set of gytr raptor 250 aluminum heel guards I'm going to cut up to fit the kfx700. I have roll design pegs off my old kfx450r I cut up to fit. Next I need to address stainless brake lines.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
New oil filter showed up so I changed oil and put the brake lines on, not easy with the +2 stem but got the routing to work. If all goes as planed next Friday it will be dropped off at kb5 race shop for jetting and a few other things I'm not doing due to having a 5mo baby.

Attachments

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Tested LED head light, about blinded myself. Going to solder it up tomorrow. Had to reroute some wires and cables for the snorkel tube, installed battery and seat. I left wires long enough to flop the air box cover off when needing to work on it. This is super helpful when jetting. Hope to tighten up the front end and blow tires on. Just waiting for my parts order from the swingarm and then I can install my modified skid plate.

Few more days til I fire it up and take it off for a little more work.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Factory rims and tires on. I will have lazer cut rings made to weld to the ends of time like I did with the back one, have a spot I need to strighten, blast and power cost black, I can blow on new itp xc tires, these bikes like wide footprint and it looks better. Off to put on my LED tail light my buddy soldered up for me to a factory connector.

The new front end steers so smooth, before everything was bend up, just too hard for my wife to steer. This is her bike....big bike for a tiny 5'2" lady.

Attachments

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
More work done. Routing of cables has been very sensitive on this machine. Had to redo my light set up then massage a gear selector cable. Still waiting for two rubber swingarm plugs. Soldered up the LED light bar wiring to a factory headlight connector tiday. Doo. As plugs get here I can blow on the swinger skid plate. Then up on the trailer it goes.

·
Super Moderator
7,786 Posts
Pretty good ground clearance. Surprised you can get as much done as you do with that 5 month old, lol. Looks great so far.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
And your or two a night. It's all back together. Had to massage a few more cable routings. Scuffed up the primary with scotch brite pad and found my belt was about ready to rip in half. Ordered new belt. Another week in ok it can go get jetted, check valvee clearances and fix leaking valve cover. All things i can do but I'm out if time for the longer things.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Have to build a new rear brake plate for my frame. The 1st one I built was too short and the brake light was hidden by the grab bar.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Going to kb5 to get it tonight, then install my rear led brake light, wednesday or Friday it goes to my buddy over at hreatv.com who did the frame work. Fabing up then raptor 250 gytr heelguards. I'm still sick so building is all i should bedoing.

next toy...find a kinda atv for my daughter.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts