Raptor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
debating between the Maxxis razrs (which i had before on my Blaster) or the ITP SP Mudlite Tires.

I ride trails, sometime muddy, sometimes dry, where i live its all trail riding and back roads, so i am torn on what i should get.

I loved the maxxis, but i never took the blaster out for long trips.

any comments welcome, i want a set of tires that is going to be good handling with my mods. I am slightly leaning towards the mudlites, but i like sporty...

oh the choices!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, i think i am going to go with the razrs again, bc i had no complaints with them, and i do want something for higher speeds

·
Registered
749 Posts
i previously had 20" mud lite sp's only in the back...actually still sitting in the garage in case i need them...but i had to change once i got the 10" rims and go back to klaws. the mud lites went through anything and everything! i ride in the same conditions as you, but when the tires really shined was in the slick stuff when you start spinning

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
i have the 20" sp's as well and they have been an awesome tire. just bought 22" though because the 20"s looked stupid with 23" front that were sent by accident

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Take a look at mine I've ran it 90+ mph with these tires they hook up really really well on everything. They're the mudlite SP's

They last to I've yet to cut a sidewall like the Itp xcr's

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Take a look at mine I've ran it 90+ mph with these tires they hook up really really well on everything. They're the mudlite SP's

They last to I've yet to cut a sidewall like the Itp xcr's
Thats cause the xcr's have a 4ply side wall to save weight thats why they are so light, the itp gncc's are where its @ they grip in everything and are lighter than the rzr's

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Thats cause the xcr's have a 4ply side wall to save weight thats why they are so light, the itp gncc's are where its @ they grip in everything and are lighter than the rzr's
I looked at those really hard. I may get a set of those and keep these for big rock and the swamps on Florida.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just put Holeshot HD's on the back of mine and they grip great in everything I have been through so far. Little heavier bc they are 6 ply but I love them

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
I just put Holeshot HD's on the back of mine and they grip great in everything I have been through so far. Little heavier bc they are 6 ply but I love them
Yeah i read some bad reviews online about those so i didn't get them but i have talked to people who like it, the gncc's are 6ply also and lighter thats the main reason i went with them less rotating weight can't go wrong with itp though

·
Registered
64 Posts
Well I looked at reviews too but I decide to give them a try. And I love them so far. And I agree itp is the way to go. Never had a problem with there tires

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey man, not to hijack but I need to get some too! Any opinions on the holeshot or razr 2?

Also, how are you putting it on? Yourself?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I always do tires and stuff myself. I built my own tire mounter lol. To cheap to buy one. Its cheaper doing it yourself. You go to a dealer and have them do it and your looking at 10 to 15 dollars a tire!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i liked the razr better than the holeshots, the tread patter was larger and seemed beefer to me, never had an issue with them on the blaster.

i do my own tire mounting, i have access to a machine so i dont need to bust my ass, 6 ply atv tires suck

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
i liked the razr better than the holeshots, the tread patter was larger and seemed beefer to me, never had an issue with them on the blaster.

i do my own tire mounting, i have access to a machine so i dont need to bust my ass, 6 ply atv tires suck
6 ply suck mounting and stuff but if you ain't got em and try to ride where I do you got at least 2 flats quick.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts

Your lucky you have access to a machine:D i did not like the rzr's they were heavy for a four ply and i could not get them to hook up on hard pack they were good in the washes but that was about it they too much for me and punctured too easy. The itp gncc's have been awesome they hook up everywhere they are light best tire for me yet and cheaper than maxxis too. It is about your terrain and where you ride but for me the rzrs sucked and that was before the big three was put on

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
I am lookin for new rears myself and I am thinkin about tryin the ITP or Maxxis GNCC tires or Razr2 but I do alot of everywhere-everything riding backroad riding and i dont know if they would wear faster, I always used ITP XCT with no problems and I heard alot of good about Maxxis.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
I'm running RZR2's and couldnt be happier. I think anything will be an improvment over stock. The only negative I've ever heard about holeshots might be how long they last, but I cannot personally attest to it.

I can say that my RZR2's have grip for days. I've made it up muddy hills where I had to go around people who were stuck on them. I have ZERO problems staying on ruts and ALSO find it to be much easier to ride out of them. Like I said before, whatever you get is going to be a huge improvment over stock. :thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts