Raptor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
The music was kind of neat. :grin_nod: Looks like a cool product, wonder how durable it is?

·
Registered
519 Posts
King that is 1 mean machine you got i like :grin_nod:,L.E.Ds are looking sleek. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
824 Posts
King your machine looks awsome, ive been wondering if anyone had any LED work done on there atv and how it came out. cause my friend at his audio shop does all that too, and i know he would do something good when i have mine.

so looks good :thumbsup:

and i cant click the link since im stranded on dial up :'(

·
Registered
126 Posts
Make sure you use it only on parts that are cheap to replace, because I guarantee it will not look as good as you are envisioning it.

Did you notice how chromey it looked on the cardboard? If not, watch the video again.

"chromed" parts only look good if the surface you are applying it to are EXTREMELY highly polished and flawless. Like the unrealistic surfaces they painted in the video. That's why chroming is so expensive - the part has to be flawless and then polished and polished and polished prior to coating to get the desired results.

·
Registered
126 Posts
And durability? Forget it. It is spray paint.

Real chrome is electroplated metal - a layer of copper, then a layer of nickel, and then a microscopically thin layer of chromium. Several hundred times (or thousands) more scratch resistant than an air-dried paint.

·
Registered
689 Posts
mws said:
Make sure you use it only on parts that are cheap to replace, because I guarantee it will not look as good as you are envisioning it.

Did you notice how chromey it looked on the cardboard? If not, watch the video again.

"chromed" parts only look good if the surface you are applying it to are EXTREMELY highly polished and flawless. Like the unrealistic surfaces they painted in the video. That's why chroming is so expensive - the part has to be flawless and then polished and polished and polished prior to coating to get the desired results.
:thumbsup: Your dead on 100%. If you want to chrome your plastic theres a place called wizared in melbourn fl. that does it the right way.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Notice how King never responds to the questions about his LED's etc :3question: I have seen so many posts with people asking King questions but he rarely responds. What's up king!

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
i bought chrome spray paint once, to chrome out my bong, :wave: looked just as good as that in the video and i only paid 4 bucks at pep boys..if your going to go the cheap route do it right, pay 4 bucks not 150, i'll do your work for you for 110!! that's a steal, just send me the parts and i'll spray them up for ya. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
yeah, i had 2 that were the same brand but one had an ice catcher , so i wanted to customize them, i have since gave them to a friend of mine,and upgraded to a much better "meticulous" brand 2 footer...oh,and say nope to dope kids... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
tundraman said:
Notice how King never responds to the questions about his LED's etc :3question: I have seen so many posts with people asking King questions but he rarely responds. What's up king!
Sorry buddy for not posting so fast for you....Some of us have to work for 8 to 10 hours a day

the l.e.d. lights are from sik-lites installing them is a walk in the park.A little common sense and you should not have a problem installing them.Install as many lites as you want...Its all about what you like on your bike.There is no limit on whats to many and whats to little.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
mws said:

www.Alsacorp.com

I think its going to work out just fine......Lots of demos and the site gives great info on the product.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts