Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to see if anyone else was heading to Florence this weekend. I'm riding with my buddies who have banshee's hahaha.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
239 Posts
I will be a little further south at the Horsefalls KOA. The wife likes full hook-ups. Happy wife = more riding time..LMAO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice...never rode down there. How big is it and what kind of riding?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PDX Raptor said:
I'll be in the litter box this weekend (Sand Lake) :lol:
lol...was there a few weekends ago. Rode every square inch of that place in a day and a half. Gets boring after a couple trips so ya got to mix it up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
You'll like it lots bigger than sandlake, some open drag strip areas, and some cool tree shots trail rides and what not along the edges, there are some medium hills for dragging on and some pretty big bowls to blast around. LOTS of razorbacks so be carefull, but it would not be BS to say you could jump 40 or 50 times on different ones just heading one direction next to the drag strip area, we have formed up in a line and just hopped our way across . pretty cool if you are in front and stop to watch this procession of flying quads.

have fun but be safe the suckers will pull ya in and pop up out of nowhere
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
guyco said:
You'll like it lots bigger than sandlake, some open drag strip areas, and some cool tree shots trail rides and what not along the edges, there are some medium hills for dragging on and some pretty big bowls to blast around. LOTS of razorbacks so be carefull, but it would not be BS to say you could jump 40 or 50 times on different ones just heading one direction next to the drag strip area, we have formed up in a line and just hopped our way across . pretty cool if you are in front and stop to watch this procession of flying quads.

have fun but be safe the suckers will pull ya in and pop up out of nowhere
Perfect explanation cause I agree. I also have been there 3 times this season already lol. Great time this weekend the sand was perfect on Friday since the winds were 15mph freshn up that dry sand.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
The sand was pretty chopped up at Sand Lake over Memorial Day weekend. There were a lot of people there, but I've seen it worse in the past. This place is so small....it really sucks, but it is the closest sand to us in WA. These fuel prices are killing me!! $350 for diesel to pull the Weekend Warrior down and back, over $200 for gasoline to fill the onboard fuel station and generator. Won't be making as many trips this year, that's for sure. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
Actually the one up-side to the high fuel prices is that it will probably mean that the dunes will be less crowded this year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
356 Posts
jersey said:
PDX Raptor said:
I'll be in the litter box this weekend (Sand Lake) :lol:
lol...was there a few weekends ago. Rode every square inch of that place in a day and a half. Gets boring after a couple trips so ya got to mix it up.
How did it take you more than an hour to ride the place??? j/k. It is small but it somewhat satisfy's the itch. Were gonna be there on Sunday testing my new slingshot lock up clutch. If anyones there I ma big guy on an orange 07 SE riding with a guy on a n irs 525 polaris.

Alex
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,069 Posts
Craysy said:
jersey said:
PDX Raptor said:
I'll be in the litter box this weekend (Sand Lake) :lol:
lol...was there a few weekends ago. Rode every square inch of that place in a day and a half. Gets boring after a couple trips so ya got to mix it up.
Were gonna be there on Sunday testing my new slingshot lock up clutch.

Alex
Please report how you like the slingshot...

:thumbsup:
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top