Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've come over from the 450R (honda) crew which by the way was the biggest POS I've ever owned. Shoulda kept my 250R, anyway..... I'm trading it in on an '07 GYTR Craptor.
Is the GYTR worth extra $$?
Any inherent problems I need to worry about?
Any maintenance issues?
We all know how you have to adjust the valves on the honda's ever 15 minutes, is there any known issues with the 700 or is it a start it and ride it kind of bike?
Everybody on the 450r forum told me the 450 was the best thing they've tried since doggy style but obviously there are biased. Please give me an honest unbiased opinion.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Cant give an unbiased opinion!!!! :p But honestly these are reliable, low maintenance, ass kickin machines. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've had mine for a few months now and have been runnin it like crazy and have not had any problems. Really fast bike and you dont have to mess with it so much just to go have fun!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I'd expect people not to give you too many response's when you come on a Raptor board and start off calling them Craptor. :bye:

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
The Raptor is a nice reliable machine. I have had mine a year now and am pretty rough on quads. So far it has held up with no problems. Adjusted the valves 3 times in the year and they were never off by much. But do expect to put a new set of rear tires on it pretty soon. If it sucked I would tell you but I plan on buying another one soon enough.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
GYTR over a standard Raptor, or over an SE?

For me it was totally worth it to go for an SE or GYTR. Besides the striking good looks you get the upgraded Shocks that were a 'must have' for me. With the GYTR you get heel guards and a front bumper that cost a lot more than the couple hundred dollars price difference between the SE and GYTR. If you're going to put on a set of Elkas anyways, then save your money and get a regular Raptor.

The only maintenance issue is that it's WAY easier. Changing oil is the bulk of it. No more jetting, no more gunked up carbs.

You do need to adjust the valves when it needs it, but the interval sounds better than the Honda was treating you.

Shawn

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Expect to get beat by a 400ex.. Get your butt kicked on the track by a honda 250r.. And get mad when a z400 beats you.

Just kidding!!! GYTR looks awesome thats for sure.. It's really up to you whether or not its worth the extra couple hundred dollars.

I cant wait to get mine this year !

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Ive had mine for a year now and all Ive done is change the oil and spark plug, normal maintence things and adjust the valves twice. It sat in the garage for over 4 months over the winter and it started on the first tap of the start button. I wasnt even trying to start it I just hit it real quik to see if the battery was dead. It shot my muffler plug across the garage lol :lol: :thumbsup:

Id say its worth the extra money for the GYTR for the shocks. Saw a set sell on ebay for $650 lol

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
You must be over 6'2" to own one...oops...that is according to the giants on here that all have one. I'm too short, but I so far love it. My SE came with the better shocks so that was nice, no more jetting issues. I am very happy with my purchase.

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
NixRaptor350+350 said:
You must be over 6'2" to own one...oops...that is according to the giants on here that all have one. I'm too short, but I so far love it. My SE came with the better shocks so that was nice, no more jetting issues. I am very happy with my purchase.
No jetting issues, just MAPPING issues now!

:lol:

~Brian

·
Registered
13,279 Posts
NixRaptor350+350 said:
Hey now. Tall guys are people too. :lol:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts