Raptor Forum banner

Good battery for my 700?

19K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  davisronald193 
#1 ·
I'm needing a battery for my 700. I was looking at getting a cheap one from Ebay for about 35 bucks. Are they worth it? Will they fit?

I have been to autozone and oriellys. Both stores have looked up a different model # battery and both were the wrong size and had no chance of fitting correctly so I am tired of the screw ups and want it right, just don;t want to give yamaha $150 for a new one.

Does anyone have the exact measurments of the factory battery so I know what will fit? I am traveling and want the battery at my front door ready to pop in soon as I get home.

Ebay shows their battery as model # BT-AGM-YT9B-BS(MF)and its size is 150mm x 70mm x 105mm

#4 ·
#5 ·
I am not so sure I would want a li-po in my bike with all the jarring around it will be getting.....li-po's have a tendency to explode violently when overcharged or catch fire when shorted.:wow:

Good luck with that.

#13 ·
Ok after letting fingers get ahead of brain, I see they are lithuim phosphate and not lithium polymer batterys....my bad...call me stupid, I have been called worse by better:) I have used li-po's in my RC helo's for years, so I am well aware of the dangers.......so I stand corrected and will STFU.:D

#12 ·
Stock battery. Even though they are expensive up front if you take care of them Ive had them last over 5 years.

#14 ·
Best battery you can buy, Shorai Lithium 18AH. Weighs 5 lbs less than stock. Has 270 CCA, almost 3 times the factory. Has same dimmensions than the factory battery. Its a lithiom Ion Phosphate... NO ACID. Had mine for one year, start the bike up every 6 months and no problem. Never had to charge it.

http://batterystuff.com