Raptor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, I was wondering if anyone has tried out the Fox V3 octane or the tracer pro helmets, if not, what is a nice lightweight choice??
-Terry

·
Registered
116 Posts
I HAVEN'T TRIED THAT HELMET. BUT WHEN I WENT TO A DEALER SOME CHICK WAS HELPING ME (WHICH WAS KINDA NICE, "LET ME SEE THAT HELMET ON THE BOTTOM SHELF" :lol:) ANYWAY SHE WAS ALL ABOUT PICKING OUT THE LIGHTEST ONE, WEIGHT WAS A BIG DEAL TO HER, MAYBE THEY ARE MORE EXPENSIVE AND SHE JUST WANTED ME TO GET SOMETHING EXPENSIVE I DON'T KNOW. BUT TO ME I DIDN'T FEEL MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE... I WOULD RECOMMEND TRYING A FEW OUT AND GETTING A FEEL FOR THEM, I THINK FIT IS MORE IMPORTANT THEN WEIGHT. I USUALLY RIDE FOR LIKE 2 - 4 HOURS AT A TIME AND BY THE END MY NECK ISN'T USUALLY THE THING THAT BOTHERS ME.

·
Registered
348 Posts
You will find that fit is most important and a quality helmet will fit a lot better than a cheapo bell from wal-mart. I got a HJC composite of some sort cant remember exactly for half price cause it was a small and was last years model. It fit better than any other helmets I had tried. and ended up paying only about 150 bucks for a 300+ dollar helmet. Quality helmets also do tend to weigh less than the cheapo plastick helmets.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I got a new HJC and love it. It fits real good. My bro has the v3 and I can't really tell a differnce. Not even sure how much I paid for it. All I know is I got it, some tech 8's, fox gloves, oakley goggles, and some socks for 620.

·
Registered
41 Posts
hjc is a decent helmet. ive not had there offroad helmets but ive got one for the street and while its not a bad choice. it was in my price range and matched my bike. its noisy. and the liner isnt removeable to clean.

payton

·
Registered
348 Posts
HJC does have their low end helmets just like 'most' everybody else. You will spend at least 125-150 for a 'decent' helmet. The HJC I got does have the removable liner for washing.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, i will do some shopping :thumbsup:

·
Registered
554 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
I bought the O'neal 546 for 49.99. Its snell 2000 and dot approved. Love the fit, and the price was exactly what I needed! Hard to find a snell and dot for that kind of price.

·
Registered
297 Posts
palerider, i like that sand hills powersports or the site the link takes you to. it has some brands of helmets i havent heard of. i like their selection

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Look into closeouts for the best deal on helmets. If you're not into posing last years graphics on the same helmet will save you some bucs.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
I bought a bieffe out of dennis kirk, on sale from 110 down to 30bucks, and it's a 2xl,and way to tight, my friends that have way smaller heads even have a hard time putting it on, i had them try it cuz it felt real weird, i have to grab both straps and pull out as hard as i can, then my ears are all pushed down and i have to move it around a bunch, i tryed on a THOR, the one for 149.00, and it felt awesome compared to the one i have...and 150 is not 2 bad....so i told santamom to hook it up...i wish i woulda went the right route 1st...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts