Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I installed a Pro Circuit exhaust, K&N filter, rejetted the carb with an 82 main and moved the needle position down a notch.....great results, very pleased...the bike is much more responsive now and has a great sound...not too loud to make camp go crazy, but enuf to let you know its coming...

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
Exhaust and filter are always a good starting point, the minis are often choked right up.

Ours was always a good bike, but low on power. Never did any mods to it though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i know that place, any others?? can i put any size tires on my ATV, its stock, year 2002. I want to put new tires on to get more clearence and such, and then i want to make it go faster. I wanna make it go faster, have more clearence, be more tuff etc. Just check out my thread

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
The larger the tires you put on it, the more power you'll need to turn them and the harder it'll be on the autoclutch if you cant. Check through the major online retailers for raptor 80 parts, like rockymountainatv.com, magicracing.com, etc. A google search should turn up some help as well.

From the pictures on your other page it looks like you're ready to step up to the next size atv, the 200-300cc class. In the long run it'll be cheaper to upgrade to a new bike than try to get the considerably limited 80 to meet your desired specs.

·
Registered
69 Posts
best mod for a raptor 50 or 80......

get a predator 90..

·
Registered
751 Posts
Maybe its time to move up to a bigger bike. Your going to dump all this money into the 80 but eventually want more.. you can only get so much power out of a little 80.. You should try maybe a blaster or a raptor 350. depending on how old you are, tall, weight, ect. at least with a bigger bike, you will have the power you wanted to get out of the 80 and still have it stock, but over time you can mod up the bigger bike and get more power. Its kind of like stepping up a set of stairs. You can go only so high on the 80 stairs, you have to jump over the the 350 stairs, once your done climbing those and did as much as you possible could and if you are still not satisfied then you move over to the big boys and jump on the 700 stairs. (im sure by that time it will be faster) :thumbsup: just a word of advise

·
Registered
21 Posts
06RAPPY700R said:
Maybe its time to move up to a bigger bike.
if your talking to me I am getting a new quad this year, either a Suzuki Z400 or a Yamaha Raptor 350. But I am still going to have my raptor 80, i will be modding it and such and either sell it or give it to my niece and welcome her to the world of ATVing when shes old enough.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I wish I had a uncle that would give me a atv

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
BigFootWitness said:
06RAPPY700R said:
Maybe its time to move up to a bigger bike.
if your talking to me I am getting a new quad this year, either a Suzuki Z400 or a Yamaha Raptor 350. But I am still going to have my raptor 80, i will be modding it and such and either sell it or give it to my niece and welcome her to the world of ATVing when shes old enough.
Why mod it then? After market parts are expensive and you will never get your money back. Your niece would be better off starting on a stock bike. If you must start buying parts then start buying parts for the Suzuki Z400. JMHO

1 - 12 of 12 Posts